FLORA platform pre-sales questions

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
brianmcf

FLORA platform pre-sales questions

Post by brianmcf »

Hi,

I've got a couple of pre-sales questions about the FLORA platform ($24.95) @ http://www.adafruit.com/products/659

Specifically, the web page says "The FLORA comes with projects at launch, the FLORA addressable and chain-able 4,000 mcd RGB LED pixels, ultimate GPS module, premium stainless steel thread".

So, how many LEDs does it come with? The page says there are 4 _indicator_ LEDs, but I'm assuming these aren't the same as these addressable/chainable RGB LEDs. Are these RGB LEDs the "smart Neo-pixels"?

So, how much thread does it come with? and what thickness is the thread?

So, it comes with the GPS module? I just find that odd, since the Flora Wearable Ultimate GPS Module @ http://www.adafruit.com/products/1059 is listed at $39.95 for just the GPS module. Is this accurate?

So, it does NOT come with a battery pack? The page says "The power supply is deigned to be flexible and easy to use. There is an onboard polarized 2 JST battery connector with protection schottky diode for use with external battery packs from 3.5v to 16v DC in." ... but it doesn't talk about an actual battery pack, only the JST connector. So, would I need to get a separate battery pack?

I'm essentially looking for a FLORA kit, but I don't need the GPS module. I'm really only interested in the LEDs right now. I'd like to verify what pieces would be necessary.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: FLORA platform pre-sales questions

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The Flora itself is just the microcontroller board. The text you quoted means we have a range of projects and accessories designed, built, and tested to work with the Flora, not that those items come in the box with the basic device.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”