Weatherproof TTL Serial JPEG Camera with NTSC Video and IR LEDs and Arduino Lilypad USB?

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
cyberneticlove

Weatherproof TTL Serial JPEG Camera with NTSC Video and IR LEDs and Arduino Lilypad USB?

Post by cyberneticlove »

Can I use the Weatherproof TTL Serial JPEG Camera with NTSC Video and IR LEDs - ID: 613 (http://www.adafruit.com/products/613) or any other 3.3V or 5V camera with the Arduino Lilypad USB? I already own this type of Arduino and wanted to do some non-wearables sensor projects.

Please advise, thanks!

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Weatherproof TTL Serial JPEG Camera with NTSC Video and IR LEDs and Arduino Lilypad USB?

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

It should work. The Lilypad belongs to the family of Arduino-compatible devices and uses the same ATMega328 microcontroller as the UNO.

You'll need a 5v supply for the camera, but the RX and TX lines will work with a 3.3v device. We have more information about getting the camera to work with an Arduino here: http://learn.adafruit.com/ttl-serial-camera/overview

cyberneticlove

Re: Weatherproof TTL Serial JPEG Camera with NTSC Video and IR LEDs and Arduino Lilypad USB?

Post by cyberneticlove »

This is really helpful, thanks! I ordered it and am looking forward to hooking it up. Will post again if I get it running.

cyberneticlove

Post by cyberneticlove »

How can I use this with a breadboard and Arduino Uno and skip the SD Card reader to send images directly over USB?

adafruit_support_mike

That won't happen easily with a Flora or Lilypad. The 'hijacking' technqiue mentioned in the tutorial bypasses the Arduino's microcontroller and talks directly to the chip that handles USB communication. It doesn't work for boards whose microcontrollers handle USB communication in software, like the Leonardo, Flora, and Lilypad.

To make it work, you'd have to dig into the libraries, find the code that writes data to the SD card, replace it with Serial communication, then connect to your Lilypad with something like Processing, which has a broader range of ways to handle I/O signals.

cyberneticlove

Post by cyberneticlove »

But I could do it with the Arduino Uno, which I already have, right?

adafruit_support_mike

Yes. The tutorial has complete instructions for how to do that part: http://learn.adafruit.com/ttl-serial-ca ... -comm-tool

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”