TTL Serial JPEG Camera with NTSC Video

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adafruit_support_bill

Re: TTL Serial JPEG Camera with NTSC Video

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

just wanna check whether the camera can transmit images through zigbee or not,,or whether zigbee module is capable of sending the images??
I am not familiar with the zigbee modules you are using. But the camera interface is 3.3v TTL serial, so it will communicate over any device that supports 3.3v TTL serial. You will have to configure your zigbee modules to the same baud-rate as the camera. You should contact the seller of the zigbee modules for instructions on how to do that.

sohelmalek12

Post by sohelmalek12 »

I m using 38400 Baudrate of both devices, zigbee and camera.
I have changed baud rate of zigbee module before connecting it with camera.

adafruit_support_bill

According to your previous post, you were able to upload images to the PC via the Arduino, so the camera is working. The problem must be with the zigbee communication. Have you verified that these modules are working?

sohelmalek12

Post by sohelmalek12 »

yes, modules are completely working,
n now my problem is that i also can't get images through arduino (without zigbee).
even when i have connected RCA pin with TV , its doesn't shows any video... :(

sohelmalek12

Post by sohelmalek12 »

I have shown in TTL serial camera (http://www.adafruit.com/products/397) tutorial that it has inbuilt feature of motion detection. I have bought Miniature TTL Serial camera (http://www.adafruit.com/products/1386), so is motion detection is inbuilt in this camera?
Can i upload that Arduino Sketch code of motion detection for miniature TTL serial camera without PIR sensor?

adafruit_support_bill

Yes. It has the same control chip and features of our other VC0706 cameras.

sohelmalek12

Post by sohelmalek12 »

Thank you :)

sohelmalek12

Post by sohelmalek12 »

I have called to "Proto central" Banglore_BANNED..the distributor of adafruit.
I want to purchase another Miniature camera but right n ow its not in stock at proto central, so how can i buy it?
If i place order on adafruit's website then i think the cost will be increase due to customs duty an shipping charges. So how can i buy? I want it as early as possible..

adafruit_support_bill

We do have other distributors in BANNED. You should check with them. http://www.adafruit.com/distributors/

aalban3

Post by aalban3 »

So I have this camera and rading the chip's manual, it says it does video compression. Is this possible with this camera? meaning is it accesible. Also, anybody here know how to interface this camera with comm tool without an arduino.. I havre a TI DSP with an external UART I can use, would this be feasible? Hope someone can answer these questions or point me in the right direction! thank you in advance.

adafruit_support_bill

This camera does not provide access to the video compression capability to the chip. The only video out is NTSC.
Using the COMM tool does not require an Arduino. The tutorial only uses the Arduino serial port as a 'pass-through'. You could use USB to TTL Serial cable or a TTL to RS-232 converter. Of any other way to interface a 3.3v TTL serial signal to a virtual COM port on your computer.

sohelmalek12

Post by sohelmalek12 »

Hello everyone...
I have connected adafruits ttl serial camera with arduino and transmitted images through zigbee which is connected on pin0 and pin1.
Saving that images in SDcard is optional for my work,
I have received data from com port where zigbee receiver is connected but in the form of HEX., How can i get JPEG?
I have worked with ComTool but it captures image of camera when "Stop FBUF" command given, in my project the image will automatically received as camera detects motion. So image should be come in JPEG format. How can i do that...? Please help?

adafruit_support_bill

I have received data from com port where zigbee receiver is connected but in the form of HEX., How can i get JPEG?
It is in JPEG format. It is being transmitted one byte at at time. You need to copy those bytes to a file.

sohelmalek12

Post by sohelmalek12 »

It means i have to convert HEX to JPEG....?

adafruit_support_bill

Like any other file, a JPEG file is a series of bytes. When you transmit it over a serial interface, you transmit it one byte at a time. You need to write those bytes one at a time into a file to reconstruct the JPEG.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”