CC3000 Reading Streaming Data

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
16snathan

CC3000 Reading Streaming Data

Post by 16snathan »

Hi all,

I am looking to use the Adafruit wireless CC3000 shield to read streaming data
from a static IP address that originates from my Mac. Is it possible to do so, and how can I?

Can I use the WebClient sketch and replace the WEBSITE and WEBPAGE variables
with the IP of my computer and the server's static IP respectively?

adafruit_support_mike

Re: CC3000 Reading Streaming Data

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

That mostly depends on how your server streams the data. If it's accessible through HTTP, the web client sketch should be able to do the job.

An HTTP request doesn't use two IP addresses though, so you'll need to look up the details of the streaming connection.

16snathan

Post by 16snathan »

Technically, it is a TCP server at the address: 127.0.0.1:5000 which is the localhost of my computer.

I am using another program that provides a data stream to the address. I would like to read the data from that address.

Right now, I can open up Chrome, type in the address, and it will start downloading the data automatically.

Can I still use the WebClient sketch or would you be able to help and provide a different sketch for use?

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

127.0.0.1 is the loopback address for any computer, so you can't use that for inter-machine communication. Example: http://127.0.0.1/

If you want to use a web connection to carry the data, you'll need to reduce the information necessary to find it into a URL. It may be possible to do that with whatever program you're using, but you'll have to look at documentation for that program.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”