ide

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
qman

ide

Post by qman »

can't download ice file to Mac keeps saying file is corrupted can you help?

qman

Re: ide

Post by qman »

sorry IDE file

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

That's a slightly misleading security feature of OS X BANNED.

The IDE is fine, but it isn't signed by a vendor who's registered with Apple's security system. The OS calls that 'damage' because it's easier to say that than to discuss the risks associated with running anything you find on the internet.

Open System Preferences and go to the Security & Privacy pane, click the lock in the lower left corner to authorize changes to the security settings, then choose the "Anywhere" button under "Allow apps downloaded from:" heading. Go back to the Finder and launch the IDE, then put the security setting back to "Mac App Store".

The security scan only kicks in the first time you launch a new program. From then on the OS knows you've chosen to trust it and won't annoy you.

qman

Post by qman »

Hi Mike 2 new problems,(if you can help) gfx code has no library in it and won't show up in my sketchbook example or library as a file able to be used. Have tried a number of fixes can't figure it out please help

2 neopixel ring clock can't seem to grab a satellite even with the antenna also have neo geo watch and according to the serial monitor it gets one no problem with the same antenna i use for the clock?????

adafruit_support_mike

You can find the Adafruit_GFX library in our Github repo: https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit-GFX-Library

Download the zipfile, unpack it, rename the folder to remove the '-master' at the end, then move the folder into your sketchbook -> libraries folder. This tutorial has more information on downloading, installing, and using libraries: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-all ... -libraries

Once you have that working, try the NeoGeo code again. It's possible that having the library in place will change the circuit's behavior.

qman

Post by qman »

This is 2 separate problems my so is trying to set a Adafruit 1.8" 18-bit Color TFT Shield w/microSD and Joystick and neither one of us can get the gfx code correct. I know download , unzip, and move to library but when I do that it does not show up.

2 second problem is me setting up the clock I have the code correct.(checked it before putting it in the FLORA) and all I get is one green Light on the small pixel ring and an orange and a yellowish side by side on the 24pixel ring neither of which are moving and the serial monitor flashes Time: 0:0:0.0

adafruit_support_mike

The Adafruit_GFX library doesn't show up in the Open or Examples popup menus because that library has no example scripts. The IDE should still be able to find it when you use a sketch that contains an #include "Adafruit_GFX.h" line though.

WRT the clock, it sounds like the GPS module hasn't gotten a fix yet. It doesn't start emitting time codes until it can see three satellites.

qman

Post by qman »

My error message say's Processing can only open its own sketches and other files ending in .ino or.pde Did I instal incorrectly?

adafruit_support_mike

What file are you trying to open?

qman

Post by qman »

trying to get a 1.8" TFT Display to work and can't evan get a test code to work sorry for sounding so lame but are very new to this gsx file Does it get recognized when in putting a sketch into st7735 on to the arduino?

adafruit_support_mike

The Adafruit_GFX file is a library the compiler uses to build the firmware that will go on your Arduino. You don't need to open it yourself, you just need to tell the compiler to look for it by adding the line:

Code: Select all

#include "Adafruit_GFX"
at the beginning of your sketch.

The GFX library doesn't do anything by itself, but it provides a common foundation for all the displays we sell, like the 1.8" TFT. The example sketches for the TFT should already have an #include line that tells the compiler to use the GFX library.

If you've already downloaded a copy of the Adafruit_GFX library, put the folder in your sketchbook -> libraries folder so the Arduino IDE knows where to find it.

This tutorial has more information about using libraries with the Arduino IDE: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-all ... -libraries

qman

Post by qman »

All codes are in the library and the display will not even letting me perform the test. from my inspection the display is wired correctly. the screen will power up but can't get anything on it. Tried the serial monitor and there is nothing there either

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

[Moving from "Administrative" to the "Arduino" forum]

What exactly doesn't work? We need more information to diagnose the problem.

If there are error messages, please post the exact text of the messages here.

If the code uploads successfully to your Arduino but still does not work, then please post clear photos showing all of your soldering on the board and your connections to the Arduino.

qman

Post by qman »

here is the picture again sorry for being so lame about this but it is all new and also trying to teach my son problem solving ( and at times he is better at it than I am) Thanks
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (102.24 KiB) Viewed 514 times

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Open the Serial Monitor (the icon on the far right of the toolbar in the Arduino IDE) and post the output you see here.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”