nRF8001 Bluefruit LE Not Advertising issue

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
nwdavid

nRF8001 Bluefruit LE Not Advertising issue

Post by nwdavid »

Hi,

I have an issue where my nRF8001 Bluefruit LE breakout module does not get to the "* Advertising" step. I've read through the posts and found that several people have had similar issues, but with the Micro and the Mega boards. In my case, I have the Arduino Uno (not sure what rev, I think its the first rev).

I recently removed the solder of the pins because I thought that I may have had bad joints. I'll upload a picture of the connections later on.

My pinout is as follows:
SCK- 13
MISO- 12
MOSI- 11
REQ- 10
RDY- 2
RST - 9
GND- GND
VIN - 5V

When I open the serial monitor with EchoDemo, I get "Adafruit Bluefruit Low Energy nRF8001 Print echo demo."

I decided to print out the "status" variable after the "getState()" call. It returns "134" which corrosponds to "Aci_Evt_Disconnected."

I put printlns in the Adafruit_BLE_UART.cpp file, and in the "begin" function, I've determined "services_pipe_type_mapping" is not null, and (more importantly) I put a statement to notify that we an event in the pollACI() function. This line is immediately after the if statement, so it is never printed. I enabled the else condition print: Serial.println(F("No ACI Events available")); and this prints every poll.

I'll grab a DMM and double check that I have continuity everywhere. Is there anything I may be missing?

Thanks!

adafruit2

Re: nRF8001 Bluefruit LE Not Advertising issue

Post by adafruit2 »

if it doesnt get to advertising, its like 99% a wiring or power issue. try another breadboard/wire set?

nwdavid

Post by nwdavid »

I don't think it's the breadboard, but I'll try some fresh wires. I'll post the results.

nwdavid

Post by nwdavid »

I tried the new wires and an additional breadboard, and neither worked. I checked the pins on my UNO, and they are all controllable. I'll have access to a scope tomorrow, so I can make sure the SPI signals are working.

nwdavid

Post by nwdavid »

I found the issue. There was some material on the GND pad. I removed it, soldered it and it works now.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”