Arduino boards

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bey3429

Arduino boards

Post by bey3429 »

Hello, to Adafruit engineering staff I'm working a project regarding Arduino board I'm looking for and board that would support running 7 12v solenoids push and pull switching for a project regarding spray paint. My question is what board would be the best for this project? The idea is hooking up and wire system to the paint can with a 12v solenoid and activating a wire to move up and down on the can this would be with seven of them and I would control each one with and Arduino board system!

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Arduino boards

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

[moved to the Arduino forum]
For your application, a Uno or Leonardo would work fine. To activate the solenoids, you could use a uln2803 8-channel darlington driver: https://www.adafruit.com/product/970
Connect the inputs to 7 digital pins on the UNO and the outputs can drive the solenoids. Kickback diodes are already built-in, so no additional components would be required.

bey3429

Post by bey3429 »

Hello, just got the package from you guys however I might of got the wrong board from you. I order Arduino board UNO when I sent the message to you about what I wanted to do with the board you communicated to me that this is the right one. I thought this board can do a 8 channel system I want to run 5 to 6 solenoids on the board but the UNO that I got may not do it .Do you have another Arduino UNO board that will do all 8 channels? Or is this the one?

Thank you!

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

.Do you have another Arduino UNO board that will do all 8 channels? Or is this the one?
There is only one Arduino UNO. What about it do you need help with? Could you let us know what other parts you have and how you need to connect them to the UNO ?

bey3429

Post by bey3429 »

OK if that's so than I'm in good shape thank you for your help. I am working with and Arduino engineer regarding a project I did not tell them about the board that you communicated to me about looking forward to do the project again thank you.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”