Arduino UNO don't work?

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
trondkj

Arduino UNO don't work?

Post by trondkj »

I recently got an Arduino UNO from you (Invoice No. 507667). I have tried both on a Macbook Pro with BANNED, and a PC with windows 7. The MBP don’t show up any new network device as it is supposed to when I connect the UNO. The PC report that there is an error with the device on COM3 (Error 10) after I installed the driver. It says «The device cannot start».

I have tried with three different USB cables, all of them work on other equipment. I am not able to upload anything to the Arduino UNO, the ide reports: avrdude.exe: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 on the pc, and: avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding on the mac.

I feel that I have tried «almost everything», but with no success. I have searched for solutions on all available forums. Probably there is something wrong with the Arduino itself?

As I haven't got it to work with the ide on any computer, I have not tried to connect it to the motor shield I have. The only sketch I have tried is the "Blink" for testing.

X74B623CBW7TB85

Re: Arduino UNO don't work?

Post by X74B623CBW7TB85 »

trondkj wrote:I recently got an Arduino UNO from you (Invoice No. 507667). I have tried both on a Macbook Pro with BANNED, and a PC with windows 7. The MBP don’t show up any new network device as it is supposed to when I connect the UNO. The PC report that there is an error with the device on COM3 (Error 10) after I installed the driver. It says «The device cannot start».

I have tried with three different USB cables, all of them work on other equipment. I am not able to upload anything to the Arduino UNO, the ide reports: avrdude.exe: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 on the pc, and: avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding on the mac.

I feel that I have tried «almost everything», but with no success. I have searched for solutions on all available forums. Probably there is something wrong with the Arduino itself?

As I haven't got it to work with the ide on any computer, I have not tried to connect it to the motor shield I have. The only sketch I have tried is the "Blink" for testing.

Did you go to Arduino and get the latest software that works with winblows 7, they have a new version 1.0.5 r2 don't let windows try to search for a newer driver and install the generic usb driver either. That can stop it as well.

they have it for mac as well don't worry I am not trying to sell any thing here just trying to help

Your Ardiuno will appear as a com-port under System, device manager, if you let windows update the driver the you will see a yellow bang under Ports (COm & LPT)

in the software under >Tools select your board type under >Board>Arduino Uno

Next while in your System > Device Manager > Ports (COM & LPT) you will see 'Arduino Uno (COM ##)'

This you will set your comport under >Tools select your > Port> drop down of ports 'please select the correct one you saw '

trondkj

Post by trondkj »

I have tried that too, with no luck

wstock

Post by wstock »

I am having the same problem with my uno r3. I get the same 'not in sync' error message and the upload does not replace the default version of blink with Myblink ( faster blink ). The ide recognizes the correct board on com1, which is strange. Shouldn't it be a virtual port with a higher number?

X74B623CBW7TB85

uninstall the software and reinstall it again.

Notice....

you will not lose your sketches or added libs as they are located in >My Documents>Arduino>your stuff is in here

you can also remove unwated libs you added in that folder

the new version upsets me as I can not edit the code their I am using Note Pad ++ for code editing up cant do on the fly editing any more with the new version

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

@trondjk - It sounds like you have a defective Uno - please contact [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement.

@wstock - Open you Device Manager and find out what port has been assigned to your UNO. If no port has been assigned, you will need to install the drivers. https://learn.adafruit.com/lesson-0-get ... no-windows

wstock

Post by wstock »

I figured out my/our problem. My xp had no usb driver, and instead of assigning a virtual port, defaulted to port1, which won't work. I had to go to my arduino ide directory and find/execute dpinst-x86.exe, which installs a custom arduino driver for the usb virtual port. It assigned port 3 for my uno and port 4 (on another computer) for my mega2560, which had the same problem. After going into the device manager and changing the baud to match the arduinos 115200, and changing the sketch>tools>port to match the virtual port assignments, everything worked fine and I can modify and upload my programs properly. Hope this helps someone else, too.

wstock

Post by wstock »

Thanks, Bill for the reply. It did me good to beat it out after doing a good bit of reading.

X74B623CBW7TB85

wstock wrote:I figured out my/our problem. My xp had no usb driver, and instead of assigning a virtual port, defaulted to port1, which won't work. I had to go to my arduino ide directory and find/execute dpinst-x86.exe, which installs a custom arduino driver for the usb virtual port. It assigned port 3 for my uno and port 4 (on another computer) for my mega2560, which had the same problem. After going into the device manager and changing the baud to match the arduinos 115200, and changing the sketch>tools>port to match the virtual port assignments, everything worked fine and I can modify and upload my programs properly. Hope this helps someone else, too.

glad you got it most of the time is related to COM PORT and usb drivers

X74B623CBW7TB85

adafruit_support_bill wrote:@trondjk - It sounds like you have a defective Uno - please contact [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement.

@wstock - Open you Device Manager and find out what port has been assigned to your UNO. If no port has been assigned, you will need to install the drivers. https://learn.adafruit.com/lesson-0-get ... no-windows

if you look up I said that and where to go in the settings

trondkj

Post by trondkj »

adafruit_support_bill wrote:@trondjk - It sounds like you have a defective Uno - please contact [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement.
I received the replacement today, and it works :) Thanks for your support and very good service!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”