Yun + ultimate GPS + DHT22

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
subrosa

Yun + ultimate GPS + DHT22

Post by subrosa »

Project: Temp/Humdity/Time server using the Yun.

Basically I was going to log values into Linux and parse to perform various actions.

I've run into an interesting problem, with the DHT22 and the GPS on the Yun I don't seem to get a fix on the GPS. It just keeps flashing the fix LED and repeating:

Due to the YUN setup, I'm using soft serial to report from the GPS, as well as write out to the serial monitor.

I know the GPS still works, or was working last night (on the Yun), and it has worked in this same location prior. I'm under the assumption that with 5v applied the GPS will fix and as long as ground is good it will eventually get a fix (i.e. automagically and without input from the microprocessor). I'm guessing this might be a voltage issue, but I would figure the whole thing would fail at that point.

Anyone try a bunch of sensors on the YUN?

subrosa

Re: Yun + ultimate GPS + DHT22

Post by subrosa »

I finally got this working, was mostly (apparently) due to reusing of code from the DHT example:

For whatever reason using the float values for tempature and humidity caused trouble when printing everything out to serial. This caused GPS.fix to always remain at zero.

I have no idea why...but it works now!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”