"Goggles" example code verify fails with errors??

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Augman

"Goggles" example code verify fails with errors??

Post by Augman »

I have followed the directions for downloading the arduino IDE for the Gemma and installed the drivers for Win 7. The blink test compiles, uploads and runs perfectly. when I copy the code for the "goggles example" and try and verify, I get the following error:

C:\Users\JGordon\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_NeoPixel_old\Adafruit_NeoPixel.cpp: In member function 'void Adafruit_NeoPixel::show()':
C:\Users\JGordon\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_NeoPixel_old\Adafruit_NeoPixel.cpp:134: error: 'PORTD' was not declared in this scope

The neopixel library is installed because it is working for many other neopixel projects i have done.

Please help. I am at a loss as to what is wrong

Thank you.

michaelmeissner

Re: "Goggles" example code verify fails with errors??

Post by michaelmeissner »

It sounds like you have the old version of the neopixel library that did not support the ATtiny85 processors like the Gemma and Trinket. According to github, those changes went in July 3, 2013.

If you think you have a newer Neopixel library, then you will need to see if you have an older version stashed somewhere, such as Libraries directories, etc.

Augman

Post by Augman »

Wow. You were right!! I deleted all the neopixel libraries and re-installed the new library and everything is working perfectly. Thank you so much. I have been toiling over this for 3 hours trying to figure out what was wrong. It is my first Gemma project. I appreciate your help very much.

michaelmeissner

Post by michaelmeissner »

Well I had the same error, when I picked up a Gemma, and I remembered it was due to PORTD not being defined. So, I just did some sleuthing about when the change occurred.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”