Arduino YUN Linino side not working.

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
shiftclickme

Arduino YUN Linino side not working.

Post by shiftclickme »

I think I've somehow broken the Linino side of my Yun. Not sure if it's hardware related, but I'd like to rule software out as an option entirely.

Here are my symptoms:
  • - YUN doesn't connect to wifi, nor does it broadcast a Wifi network of its own to connect to. This means can't ping, cant ssh, can't program via wifi, can't load arduino web console, etc...

- YUN doesn't show up in DHCP table when connected via Ethernet.

- WIFI button doesn't blink WLAN, nor does it reset the wifi (3s) or restore to factory default (30s).

- YUN reset button doesn't change any lights, nor does it appear to do anything.

- YunSerialMonitor doesn't show any output when trying to reboot linux chip (may be the reset button?)

- BUT Arduino side still works fine, I can upload sketches that don't use Bridge and everything seems fine there. Bridge sketches I think just fail to initialize the bridge, due to the linino side failing I assume. I can double tap Arduino reset button and it reboots the sketch just fine.
I've tried the following:
  • - Unplugging and replugging in to usb, with long waits in between.

- Loading YunSerialMonitor script, setting the baud rate to 115200, pressing YUN reset, no output, attempting linux commands, no output. Only output is from arduino sketch saying baud rate is changed.

- Loading a blank sketch in case the arduino side was conflicting with the linino side somehow. No change.
I'm out of ideas and was hoping someone could offer some other things to try. My assessment thus far seems like the Linino side fails to boot for whatever reason. It might be hardware fried (although it was working perfectly before unplugging and replugging it into the computer), or it might be some boot procedure failure. But I can't tell without access to it, and I can't do that without bridge or wifi.

Thanks in advance for any brainpower you can commit to the cause of resurrecting my yun!

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Arduino YUN Linino side not working.

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

I'm afraid you've done everything we'd know to suggest.

Check over in the Arduino forums (http://forum.arduino.cc/) and see if the folks there have any more information.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”