don't quit your day job

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
flakelabs

don't quit your day job

Post by flakelabs »

I have a plan to start selling kits in the next few months. Currently my wife is going to work the orders and manage shipping. I guess my question is, how sustainable is this business.

Are there a lot of people who earn a living doing this as opposed to working for some company.

Is it possible to grow organically? We are planning on selling 1 kit to start with and then will quickly add 3-4 more products after that. We don't have a ton of money and will most likely be turning the "profit" right back into inventory for awhile. Our end game is that I can quit my day job and do this solely once my wife starts teaching again. So how crazy are we?

adafruit

Re: don't quit your day job

Post by adafruit »

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”