qualifying for 'Made in USA'

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
stbtrax

qualifying for 'Made in USA'

Post by stbtrax »

If i assemble some boards with PCB made in USA, but parts which are probably of asian origin, are the chips far enough removed and enough value aded from engineering/assembly to allow me to claim 'Made in USA' in promotional materials?
does anything change if the pcb is made in china?

Franklin97355

Re: qualifying for 'Made in USA'

Post by Franklin97355 »

My opinion, if the PCB and it's assembly is done in USA I would accept "Made in the USA" If the PCB was made in China I would expect it to say "Assembled in USA"

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

there is a real criteria you can look up:
http://www.madeintheusabrand.com/apply/

that said, many companies say "assembled in the usa" ... "designed in califonia" etc

tinsmith

Post by tinsmith »

The fabs are where the fabs are. My thoughts on this are that people appreciate transparency.

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”