wholesale pricing for dummies

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
imaginerobots

wholesale pricing for dummies

Post by imaginerobots »

So I'm in the process of building my prototype and I have a critical part that I've been buying from a website. The site has a link for people to qualify for wholesale pricing. What benefits does wholesale pricing get me and what are the normal qualifications and restrictions? It's not clear to me if I must sell the critical part in the raw form only or if I can incorporate it into my finished product before sale.

Thanks,
Danh

adafruit

Re: wholesale pricing for dummies

Post by adafruit »

imaginerobots wrote:So I'm in the process of building my prototype and I have a critical part that I've been buying from a website. The site has a link for people to qualify for wholesale pricing. What benefits does wholesale pricing get me and what are the normal qualifications and restrictions? It's not clear to me if I must sell the critical part in the raw form only or if I can incorporate it into my finished product before sale.

Thanks,
Danh
hi danh,

usually wholesale pricing means you can buy many of an item at a reduced rate. it's usually meant for resellers of said product, not just quantity discounts. you should email this site and ask what their terms and conditions are for wholesale.

thanks,
adafruit

imaginerobots

Post by imaginerobots »

Adafruit,

In your experience what kind of discounts over retail do wholesalers typically provide? This wholesaler is US based and buys parts from China. Wondering if I should take the risk of purchasing directly from Alibaba suppliers instead (but I''m worried about getting scammed). In general, what resources do you'll use to find your overseas suppliers whether they are wholesalers or the manufacturer?

Thanks,
Danh

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

imaginerobots wrote:Adafruit, In your experience what kind of discounts over retail do wholesalers typically provide? This wholesaler is US based and buys parts from China. Wondering if I should take the risk of purchasing directly from Alibaba suppliers instead (but I''m worried about getting scammed). In general, what resources do you'll use to find your overseas suppliers whether they are wholesalers or the manufacturer?
based on total order amount and quantity it can be 10% off to 40% off, but really depends on the specific reseller. it's common to buy a sample item and then ask the supplier what their discounts and wholesale items are. for many of our products we work with our own team that we have for adafruit purchasing, custom manufacturing, etc.

cheers,
adafruit

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”