Shipping Labels

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
48x24x48x

Shipping Labels

Post by 48x24x48x »

Hi Guys,

Based on your experience, does the shipping labels (thermal printer based) fades before reaches it's destination?
It helps to reduce cost by removing the ink cost totally. Any thoughts? :wink:

adafruit

Re: Shipping Labels

Post by adafruit »

48X24X48X wrote:Hi Guys,Based on your experience, does the shipping labels (thermal printer based) fades before reaches it's destination? It helps to reduce cost by removing the ink cost totally. Any thoughts? :wink:
no fading issues at all!

cheers,
adafruit

sircastor

Post by sircastor »

The only potential problem that I can think of with thermal labels is that if pressed against a hot enough surface they might mark up (the only place I've seen this is at fast food restaurants where the receipt has sat next to the grill.)

I don't think that's an issue though: Many many companies use thermal labels - I've never seen one darkened or faded when it's arrived at my doorstep.

48x24x48x

Post by 48x24x48x »

Any recommended thermal printer? I thought of buying the Dymo LabelWriter 450.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

48X24X48X wrote:Any recommended thermal printer? I thought of buying the Dymo LabelWriter 450.
we use these:
http://www.zebra.com/id/zebra/na/en/ind ... p2844.html

cheers,
adafruit

48x24x48x

Post by 48x24x48x »

Thank you. Will look into that printer as well. :)

neutron spin

Post by neutron spin »

I use a Dymo LabelWriter 450 and it works well but there are others that are better. It depends on your shipping requirements basically. The more expensive units print larger labels and are more suited for commercial use. The Dymo is the most economical printer in the group. Dymo also makes dual printers to allows both stamps and label printing in one unit so you do not have to reload each time you switch between both types of printing jobs. Usually you get what you pay for but if your requirements fit the lower cost units that is great!

sircastor

Post by sircastor »

I use a Brother QL-550. With some tape to hold down the pins you can get it to work outside of the Brother cartridge roll system and use cheap thermal label rolls

48x24x48x

Post by 48x24x48x »

neutron spin wrote:I use a Dymo LabelWriter 450 and it works well but there are others that are better. It depends on your shipping requirements basically. The more expensive units print larger labels and are more suited for commercial use. The Dymo is the most economical printer in the group. Dymo also makes dual printers to allows both stamps and label printing in one unit so you do not have to reload each time you switch between both types of printing jobs. Usually you get what you pay for but if your requirements fit the lower cost units that is great!
Is there limitation on the address line? I saw some thin line stating *4 line address on their website.

urlugal

Post by urlugal »

I second the Zebra, we do a lot of shipping and have never had any issues with ours. We also have a small Dymo for labels as well and have had no complaints on it either.

neutron spin

Post by neutron spin »

48X24X48X wrote:
neutron spin wrote:I use a Dymo LabelWriter 450 and it works well but there are others that are better. It depends on your shipping requirements basically. The more expensive units print larger labels and are more suited for commercial use. The Dymo is the most economical printer in the group. Dymo also makes dual printers to allows both stamps and label printing in one unit so you do not have to reload each time you switch between both types of printing jobs. Usually you get what you pay for but if your requirements fit the lower cost units that is great!
Is there limitation on the address line? I saw some thin line stating *4 line address on their website.
I believe that is correct. It is useable for stamps.com mailing labels but I use the larger 4 1/4" x 6 3/4" printer labels for large packages since do not ship that many. I use the Dymo for mostly stamps and smaller labels.

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”