Paypal and Shipping Questions

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
rng

Paypal and Shipping Questions

Post by rng »

Hi All,

I'm working on an small AVR-based robot kit (Arduino compatible): http://erwtbot.com

I'm getting to the point that having a way to accept payments and ship things might be handy. Never having done either before, I was hoping someone here might be able to fill in some gaps in my knowledge.

I'm considering doing payments through Paypal (payments standard) and shipping through tntpost (I'm in the Netherlands).

For Paypal, I can't seem to figure out how to set up shipping options. It seems like if you're in the US, it all just works and Paypal will automatically do shipping calculation based on the buyer's address. Is there any equivalent for non-US Paypal? Even a way to do a simple dropdown that has two options: [inside Europe - $X], [outside Europe - $Y]. I could just do it with two separate Paypal buttons or some JS on the page, but I was hoping there might be support in Paypal that I'm just missing.

For the shipping, the cheapest option I can find (to the US) is 17 Euro (http://www.postnl.nl/voorthuis/pakkette ... uitenland/ - in Dutch, sorry), which strikes me as a lot. Does anyone have any experience shipping from NL (or elsewhere in Europe) they'd be willing to share? UPS/Fedex/DHL all appear to be even more expensive in low quantities.

Thanks!
Ross

wayneft

Re: Paypal and Shipping Questions

Post by wayneft »

In the My Account tab go to Profile, then More Options and scroll to the bottom and look for Shipping Calculations.

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”