Having a hard time getting suppliers to take me seriously

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
crazybutable

Having a hard time getting suppliers to take me seriously

Post by crazybutable »

I want to order 50 to 100 of these:

http://www.amazon.com/BRS40-Replacement ... B001RNNX8K

Amazon will only sell me three at a time. I emailed Boss audio directly and they basically laughed at me and said they don't sell such piddling small quantities and to contact a distributor. I've contacted three distributors in my city and they won't return my calls or emails. Why won't you take my money!?

Even though this is the perfect speaker I'm on the verge of finding a replacement because this is becoming more hassle than it is worth. (My amp sounds really good though!)

Franklin97355

Re: Having a hard time getting suppliers to take me seriously

Post by Franklin97355 »

philba

Post by philba »

since the price is really good (parts express is about double), why don't you directly contact one of the online sellers (quantum has a cheap price)? I'm sure they will jump through hoops to make 200-400 bucks.

crazybutable

Post by crazybutable »

Franklin: I did try there, I requested a large quantity quote, and as near as I can tell they entered me into their system (sent me an account name and password) but never actually gave me a quote. Nor can I find a place to see it on the website in my account information.

Philba: do you have a URL? I tried googling Quantum BRS40 but didn't find any useful information.

westfw

Post by westfw »

Try again. Salesmen can be forgetful if your company name isn't a household word...

I think there are a fair number of consumer products who average "sale" retail price is probably lower than the "Quantity 50 to 100" wholesale price. Amazon/etc get the Q1000 price and sell at low margins, so their end-user price is lower than Q100 discount off MSRP. Manufacturers would get in big trouble undercutting their distribution channels...

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”