Disappointed with Maplin Electronics in UK

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
JonahS

Disappointed with Maplin Electronics in UK

Post by JonahS »

Maplin is my local shop for picking up kit. I was excited to see them stock Arduinos and wanted to know if Adafruit products will be there soon. I Googled and read a forum post on Maplin's company site.

http://forum.maplin.co.uk/viewtopic.php ... 8&start=50

All the comments supporting Adafruit are gone! :evil: Adafruit can you shed any light on this? When will I be able to get a Mintyboost at Maplin?? :D

Jonah

mikeselectricstuff

Re: Disappointed with Maplin Electronics in UK

Post by mikeselectricstuff »

From what I heard from someone who used to sell to Maplin, they probably wanted too much margin and 3+ month payment terms

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

gammaray wrote:Glad to report that Adafruit are now looking to support us with some retail packaged product for the stores. We're still in very early discussions, but will keep you posted if things progress well!
hey folks,

it's all good, maplin has updated their post (that's a quote from them above)...
http://forum.maplin.co.uk/viewtopic.php ... 8&start=50

we'll do our best to make this all happen :D

cheers,
adafruit support

JonahS

Post by JonahS »

Hey Adafruit do u know when will there be Mintyboosts in Maplin? :mrgreen:

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

JonahS wrote:Hey Adafruit do u know when will there be Mintyboosts in Maplin? :mrgreen:
we hope to have a lot of announcements about places to get mintyboosts soon!

thanks,
adafruit

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”