How do you feel about Instructables being owned by Autodesk?

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
zenrascal

How do you feel about Instructables being owned by Autodesk?

Post by zenrascal »

As a hobbyist DIYer and maker I always thought the Instructables site was the ideal place to post & write about projects & hacks. Autodesk apparently noticed their popularity and acquired them. Phil Torrone wrote an in-depth article "Autodesk Acquires Instructables: What It Means for Makers" but I haven't seen much else.

The creativity and ingenuity shown by the grass roots maker movement is stunning. I feel that Adafruit conducts itself in a way that is congenial to this market. Autodesk has offered reassurances that they won't interfere with Instructables' independence, but I'm not convinced. I wonder how others here feel about this?

(None of us has a crystal ball to see how things will go - too bad)

westfw

Re: How do you feel about Instructables being owned by Autodesk?

Post by westfw »

It's been six months. Have you noticed any dramatic changes?

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”