New shipping option at mouser.

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
george_graves

New shipping option at mouser.

Post by george_graves »

I ordered some parts on Friday. I noticed that they are now offering a new budget shipping option.

There's not too many details on mouser.com - so I went ahead and gave it a go. It turns out to be "STANDARD SHIPPING MAIL INNOVATIONS" - it's a service from UPS. Basically, UPS hands the package off to USPS to deliver to your door. So your shipping time will vary greatly depending on how far you are from mouser's headquarters (Mansfield, TX 76063)

Even still, it appears to be a flat rate - and for $6 - that's not too bad. As someone that's *loves* mouser, but hates their insane shipping costs, it's a welcome change. (don't get me started on how they love to package a just hand full of parts into a huge box and then charge you for "dimensional weight")

Now, if they would just do free shipping on orders over $100, I'd be in love. Anyways - hopfuly this new option will help a few of you save some money.

kscharf

Re: New shipping option at mouser.

Post by kscharf »

Mouser used to have great prices on Atmel atmega (and xmega) parts, usually they sold in single quantities for what digikey sold in 25 piece quantity. Now they've raised their prices to match Digikey. I don't know if they had a price increase from Atmel, or just got greedy. Still they have an advantage over Digikey in that they have no minimum order ($25 at Digikey last time I looked).

Jack52

Post by Jack52 »

The Standard Shipping option uses a combo of UPS and US Mail, It is slower than Priority Mail, which is funny since I am fairly close to their warehouse. It is frequently a little more expensive too... P-Mail usually runs me less than $5

Best regards, Jack

wayneft

Post by wayneft »

I tried the new shipping option and was not happy with it. It took seven days for delivery instead of the normal 3-4 days and the price was a little more.

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”