Cheap product enclosuers?

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
cstratton

Cheap product enclosuers?

Post by cstratton »

Not technically a kit question, but figured this was the closest topic area -

Anyone know where to get very small, very cheap "project boxes" suitable for a short-run (25-100 pcs) product? I need to enclose a little 2 square inch PCB in something that can be opened occasionally, so it would need to be a screw together or snap together type solution - potting and heatshrink are out.

I have a slide-cover 2xAA battery holder on my desk that is almost perfect... if not for the need to yank/carve out the battery holding components.

lyndon

Re: Cheap product enclosuers?

Post by lyndon »

If you're going to ask for "very cheap" and "very small" it is helpful to put some numbers down. Not everyone will use the same criteria you do.

The cheapest plastic enclosure I know of is PVC pipe with endcaps. Pipe is about $2/10 feet and endcaps run around $0.35 each.

john444

Re: Cheap product enclosuers?

Post by john444 »

Hi Cstratton,

General merchendice stores carry small plastic containers.
I am specifically thinking of the travel containers for bars of soap.
They have a snap clasp and are large enough to contain your 2" board.
In addition, they are fairly inexpensive.

Good luck, John

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”