micromoooooog

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
justadude

micromoooooog

Post by justadude »

hi all,
Would people be interested in a kit to clone a micromoog? Micrmoog clones? I have owned many of them and think highly of them, they are excellent for bass and leads, not as flexible as a mini but much simpler, meaning also it would be much easier to add mods to as well. I know many people have cloned moogs but no one has ever seem to clone this guy and it is an awesome bass synth with a 24db ladder filter. Yes I have a Little Phatso it is a good sounding synth but I do hear difference between it and older moogs they are 'juicier' whereas old moogs are 'rounder' but the difference isn't very great. I know they are fairly 'cheap' at $600 (!!) heh I bought my first one for $200 but they have serious problems with the keyboard which was made very very cheaply and always the wires fall off the bus, and with a MIDI-CV you won't need it for a desktop/rackmountable clone.

What do you think?

justadude

Post by justadude »

i can see this will be an awesomely popular idea!

Ok, there is PAIA fatman, with 24db filter mod, and a waveshaper, it is twice the micromoog. Add a CMOS gate it looks like that is the doubler circuit of micromoog. Besides, I don't know anything about PCB design. I was kind of hoping someone would be interested in doing that part ;-) But micromoog is beautiful keys, my favorite monosynth ever because it is an awesome bass machine, funkiest and fruitiest keys of all time.

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”