mod kits for x0xb0x, TB-303 or ML303

Trading post for x0xen, x0x parts, axles, pelts and tobacco

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
substyler

mod kits for x0xb0x, TB-303 or ML303

Post by substyler »

hi x0xers,

I have two modkits for you,
first is the 2VCO mod for x0xb0x, TB-303 or ML303. easy to build up, easy to build in. no need to cut traces or something like that and (normally) no problems with other mods.
the 2VCO kit is about 49.95 euro plus shipping (shipping costs depends on your residence)

the other mod is a digital delay kit for your x0xb0x. the PCB is very tiny so you can build it directly into the x0x. this delay sounds very clean, no humming noise or something like that. delaytimes up to 500ms. adjustable delay, level and feedback. the complete kit costs 34.95 euro plus shipping.

both kits together for 70 euro plus shipping.
I have round about 120 kits in stock. (60 in each case)
you can pay by bank wire or paypal.

just PM me if you're interestet.

cheers
SubStyler

a little demo (nothing serious) of a x0x with 2VCO and delay http://xoxshop.de/modding/x0x_delay_2VCO.mp3
Last edited by substyler on Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

computer controlled

Re: mod kits for x0xb0x, TB-303 or ML303

Post by computer controlled »

Very cool! May be interested in these sometime soon. Do you have any images of them IN the x0xb0x?

substyler

Post by substyler »

yep... coming soon :)

cheers

isak

Post by isak »

great job Chris!!!
looking foreword to see the inside pics :)

Isak.

isak

Post by isak »

Hi Chris
few questions ..
1 : to build the vco mod do i need a scope?
2 : i see in u'r site that u drop the vco price to 49.95 euro, how much is it with shipping to Israel?
3 : how much you charge for already built vco?
4 : can i play the saw wave from the x0x and from the mod squer wave? and the opposite of course.

Isak.

substyler

Post by substyler »

isak wrote:Hi Chris
few questions ..
1 : to build the vco mod do i need a scope?
2 : i see in u'r site that u drop the vco price to 49.95 euro, how much is it with shipping to Israel?
3 : how much you charge for already built vco?
4 : can i play the saw wave from the x0x and from the mod squer wave? and the opposite of course.

Isak.
hi;)

to 1: not really... but it can help while tuning the VCO
to 2: 58 euro incl. shipping
to 3: 78 euro incl. shipping ;)
to 4: of course you can mix it up... and the second VCO has it's own tuning pot, independent from the internal tuning potentiometer

cheers
SubStyler

mazatta

Post by mazatta »

Are there any issues with the installation of the 2VCO if you wanted to socket the transistors?

substyler

Post by substyler »

no, you can use snap-off sockets for the transistors if you want. there's enough room in the x0xb0x. (even in the tb-303)
on request I can deliver the kit with 3pin and 5pin sockets, no prob.

cheers
SubStyler

isak

Post by isak »

to 2: 58 euro incl. shipping
book me please :)

i have another question i design a front panel http://www.sendspace.com/file/y5j9nl
and i want to have it on my x0x but i dont know how..as u can see its in black and white i want the writing part to be water clear coz i want to put under the panel glow in the dark material.
do u have any ideas on how to do it?
i was thinking about to make a clear panel with only the right holes (leds pots and so..) without the writing parts and to print the designed panel on a sticker as i like it to be , no color on the writing parts , water clear, and the background in black, after i stick the sticker to the clear panel i'll glue the glow in the dark material and all the writing part will glow in the dark or with ultraviolet light, what do u say can u organize this ? i'll pay u of course.
or can we do it from lexan..?
my Inspiration came from this :mrgreen:

thanks Chris,
Isak.
Last edited by isak on Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

substyler

Post by substyler »

uhh wow... so if I had to do this: I would cut an 2mm acrylic panel without engraving and silkscreened the backside with only one colour.
but this is probably not a good idea for only one piece ;)

the cheapest way could be a lasercutted 2mm acrylic plate with a black adhesive on the back. (i mean plot out the white areas)
then put a 12V blue cold cathode light into the x0x ;)

cheers

substyler

Post by substyler »

ok... I'll think about this

isak

Post by isak »

i'm waiting for u'r answer ASAP, now i'm not going to sleep, i will only think how beauty my x0x is going to be :mrgreen:

wait .... very important question...
could the 12V blue cold light can somehow interfere the sound of the x0x..?
coz in the moog voyager it dose! but in the moog its deferent technology, i thing they used back light panel..its like a paper in sizes that u can cut to any shape. it runs on 12V.
http://www.elec2go.com.au/category7_1.htm

rv0

Post by rv0 »

@isak

I have done something similar on both matte and shiny black acrylics (gold engraving)

sorry for the crappy picture,
on the left you see the color if i put a light behind it, on the right is without backlighting.

12V blue cold light isn't such a good idea i think, its kinda noisy and probably not healthy to have in an analogue synth.

i think the best way is miniature SMD ledstrips, very expensive here, but fairly cheap on ebay china if you buy a big roll of it.
the panels in the picture are for something i havent finished, i'm still thinking of the best way to backlight.

isak

Post by isak »

Hi darffader and thanks for reply this post :)

i found something very interesting, look at this : http://glowhut.com/a4-size-electrolumin ... apte4.html
and u can cut it as well, the only thing is i'll need some how to give it power from the x0x.
i'm thinking maybe i can use the 12V from J4 that on the i/o board..?

rv0

Post by rv0 »

@isak
EL FOILs arent a good option, first of all the price, second of all, they lose intensity, third of all, the inverter needed with it HUMS in a very unpleasant high frequency tone... You'd need to shield/contain it to make it less audible or it will drive you nuts.

have you seen the price of that??? $80.. thats just insane..
for half that you buy 5 meters of smd ledstrips, which are much more intense in lighting.

last weekend i was outside the bank and someone had "vandalised" the logo pulling down 2 characters... guess what was behind it? smd LED strips.. I was surprised how "even" the spreading of the light was.

just check google or ebay for smd led strips.
I looked into it months ago and they seemed like the best option. I didn't go ahead with it because I don't have a clue what to do with 5 meters of that stuff.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0x shop”