** WARNING - Fake 2SC2291 Transistors 'C2291' batch '89C' **

Trading post for x0xen, x0x parts, axles, pelts and tobacco

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Gaetano

** WARNING - Fake 2SC2291 Transistors 'C2291' batch '89C' **

Post by Gaetano »

I just got a bunch of FAKE 2CS2291's, from a legitimate seller :x . I started a new thread as I got a lot of them, and they said that they had more, someone is therefore re-stamping quite a few ready to be sent out. This means, one per x0xb0x, so a lot of x0xen can (or have been) affected. So I did not want this to get lost in the other thread on the fake 1583's. I have told them and they are pissed off, but won't tell me where they are from, except from their 'Hong Kong' supplier.

They have not been sold to anyone or used in a kit of mine, so don't worry. Be aware that the reason that a lot of the sellers on websites do not have pictures of their 'rare' parts is that some are fake, in addition you are not sure of getting the same batch as shown always anyway. I have tested every single one of mine that I have to ensure that they work correctly and in range, so don't worry about that. Also note that they are '89C', i.e., C's and NOT G's. I don't even think that there actually are ' C's ' so they probably screwed up, meaning to put a 'G', i.e., 89G :lol:

The point is that someone is now stamping these, so you can bet that they will, soon change from these to another batch number. Like I have said before, be aware of magical sets of 'rare' parts suddenly appearing on the net, when they were hard to find before :roll: .

How do you recognise them?

they have 'C2291' and '89C'

--------
C2291
89C
--------
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |

Luap

Re: ** WARNING - Fake 2SC2291 Transistors 'C2291' batch '89C' **

Post by Luap »

Gaetano

Re: ** WARNING - Fake 2SC2291 Transistors 'C2291' batch '89C' **

Post by Gaetano »

Whoops, yes, I didn't see that thread, same BANNED parts as mentioned here by textile:

http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17405

Moderator can remove this thread.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0x shop”