[solved] looking for an x0xb0x eeprom

Trading post for x0xen, x0x parts, axles, pelts and tobacco

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rosch

[solved] looking for an x0xb0x eeprom

Post by rosch »

maybe someone has a spare x0xb0x eeprom?
i'd like to avoid ordering big with mouser, as i could find most of the parts.
i'm located in germany, can pay with paypal.

thanks for looking!
Last edited by rosch on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luap

Re: looking for an x0xb0x eeprom

Post by Luap »

Substyler/x0xshop.de should be able to sort one out for you. Plus he is German also..

rosch

Post by rosch »

it's not listed, it's also not a rare part, i know, and as i've bought the other stuff from WILLZYX i'd rather not bother substyler now with my missing parts :D
i just thought maybe someone has one left over, if not i'll probably order with farnell sooner or later.
but anyway thanks, paul

e:pp:ik

Post by e:pp:ik »

I've got one but it's a blank slate. No firmware, no bootloader. You may be looking for a chip with at least the latter, but let me know if you're interested.

rosch

Post by rosch »

does the eeprom need a firmware too?
i have the AVR with v1.05 firmware.... seems like i have to read some more :)
yep interested of course!

Brassteacher

Post by Brassteacher »

rosch wrote:does the eeprom need a firmware too?
i have the AVR with v1.05 firmware.... seems like i have to read some more :)
yep interested of course!
Oh, the little 8-pin chip. By the time someone posts it to you, it will probably be as cheap to go ahead and order one. I have one, but by the time I got it to Germany just the postage would be more than twice as expensive as buying one.

rosch

Post by rosch »

no, not at all. i'd have to order from farnell. they don't store it in europe so they have to import it from the US storage which is for me an additional 20€ i'd have to pay. same amount adds when ordering with mouser if i don't exceed a certain level, maybe 70$ (something like that). there's no other source i could find, not even ebay.
i also thought about getting the other parts from mouser too, but for example the resistors are more than double of the price i get here.

Luap

Post by Luap »

rosch wrote:no, not at all. i'd have to order from farnell. they don't store it in europe so they have to import it from the US storage which is for me an additional 20€ i'd have to pay. same amount adds when ordering with mouser if i don't exceed a certain level, maybe 70$ (something like that). there's no other source i could find, not even ebay.
i also thought about getting the other parts from mouser too, but for example the resistors are more than double of the price i get here.
Yeah, i've recently discovered that Farnell is a pain in the ass like that too.. I had to order a bunch of Shruthi bits.. Some of which have to come from America, so I got stung with that same charge too. Not to mention the fact you can't buy less than 50 resistors of any one type.. So I had to go elsewhere for those..

Anyway, Substyler could still be an option? I know he doesn't list that part on his site, but I got exactly that part from him a few weeks ago myself. Although I was ordering a few other little bits & pieces at the same time. Still, he could be worth asking? Especially if you can think of anything else you might need too.. He's got all the good stuff! :wink:
Last edited by Luap on Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brassteacher

Post by Brassteacher »

rosch wrote:no, not at all. i'd have to order from farnell. they don't store it in europe so they have to import it from the US storage which is for me an additional 20€ i'd have to pay. same amount adds when ordering with mouser if i don't exceed a certain level, maybe 70$ (something like that). there's no other source i could find, not even ebay.
Well, in that case, if you can't get one from Substyler, send me a PM. I didn't know those places had minimum orders. Mouser doesn't do that over here in the US anyway. If I ordered ONE 10¢ resistor, they'd ship it. If I remember correctly, the last chip I shipped to Europe cost $4.80 for postage, I can't remember how much I spent for the EEPROM, I'll have to look it up.

e:pp:ik

Post by e:pp:ik »

oh man - sry - my bad. I thought you were asking about the micro... nm!

altitude

Post by altitude »

doesnt Reichlet or BANNED have them?

rosch

Post by rosch »

@Altitude: no, unfortunately not. Reichelt is good for most of the common parts, BANNED's good for nothing almost.
I didn't say that. :D

rosch

Post by rosch »

i'll get one! yay!
thank you, Don!

rosch

Re: [solved] looking for an x0xb0x eeprom

Post by rosch »

cool, received it!
again thank you very much!

Brassteacher

Re: [solved] looking for an x0xb0x eeprom

Post by Brassteacher »

rosch wrote:cool, received it!
again thank you very much!
No problem, glad to know it got there.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0x shop”