4400bux for a devilfish that doesn't work

Trading post for x0xen, x0x parts, axles, pelts and tobacco

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bcbox

4400bux for a devilfish that doesn't work

Post by bcbox »

...ok I'm tag-teaming off mome rath's post on that not so complete x0xb0x from a few weeks back.

This guy is selling a devilfish 303 with a $4,000 starting bid and the sequencer doesn't quite sort of doesn't maybe not work 100% :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Roland-TB-303-Bassl ... 286.c0.m14

vlady

Re: 4400bux for a devilfish that doesn't work

Post by vlady »

bcbox wrote:...ok I'm tag-teaming off mome rath's post on that not so complete x0xb0x from a few weeks back.

This guy is selling a devilfish 303 with a $4,000 starting bid and the sequencer doesn't quite sort of doesn't maybe not work 100% :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Roland-TB-303-Bassl ... 286.c0.m14
I like how he says the same thing 4 times in different ways...

bcbox

Post by bcbox »

theres no way that thing sells. no way.

Instead of mentioning that a perfect working one sold yesterday for $2500 he mentions the crazy $6000 ones that sold last month. He states you can pay $4400 and have the case made and have it for less than $6000! Nice sales pitch, aside from the fact that he forgot to mention the guy doesn't make those cases anymore.

Heck, you could buy a 303 for say $1500 and send it out and have a brand new devilfish mod fitted for $900.

(maybe I'm bitter, I sold one for a fair price of $1700 last year!)

phono

Post by phono »

personally i dont like devilfishes, i really hate the idea of haxoring vintage gear, this is probably why my 606 stands mint with no mods

doug wellington

Post by doug wellington »

Are you some kind of luddite?

:lol:

Actually, that's *exactly* why I like the x0xi0 stuff - seems better to hack on a x0xb0x...

bcbox

Post by bcbox »

i really hate the idea of haxoring vintage gear, this is probably why my 606 stands mint with no mods
this is funny because I also have a perfect 606. I want to hack it so bad, but I've decided to buy a crappy one first.

if I had a 303 in excellent condition I might think the same thing, but I just can't imagine not modifying one. They're pretty crippled stock. I've had a few good condition ones and haven't blinked an eye before doing some internal surgery and adding a few controls - I do try to keep it classy and less DIY though.

phono

Post by phono »

bcbox wrote:
i really hate the idea of haxoring vintage gear, this is probably why my 606 stands mint with no mods
this is funny because I also have a perfect 606. I want to hack it so bad, but I've decided to buy a crappy one first.

if I had a 303 in excellent condition I might think the same thing, but I just can't imagine not modifying one. They're pretty crippled stock. I've had a few good condition ones and haven't blinked an eye before doing some internal surgery and adding a few controls - I do try to keep it classy and less DIY though.
i guess this is why the x0x is perfect, doesnt feel like a sin hacking it up :D

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0x shop”