x0xb0x KIT on eBay... 499.62US

Trading post for x0xen, x0x parts, axles, pelts and tobacco

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
hamburgers

x0xb0x KIT on eBay... 499.62US

Post by hamburgers »

phono

Re: x0xb0x KIT on eBay... $970 AU (US 637.68)

Post by phono »

"need the cash"

if her really needs the cash why is is selling for nearly 2x the shop price...

gouging

eil

Post by eil »

phono wrote:"need the cash"

if her really needs the cash why is is selling for nearly 2x the shop price...

gouging
I'm not the seller, but I don't see any problem here. It's not gouging because there's always the option not to buy it. If no one buys it, the seller lowers the price to a more realistic value. If it does sell, then at least two people thought it was worth the asking price.

reptar

Post by reptar »

The problem is that somebody might buy it not realising they could get a self-sourced kit for much less than that.

A fair price would be to start the auction at what it cost and if people want to pay more, so be it.

justinvm

Post by justinvm »

I am the seller of this kit.

I have taken on board comments from various parties about the fairness of my price.

As i support the synth and x0xb0x community and do not wish to mislead anyone I have decided to relist the x0xb0x as an auction with a starting price of approximately $500 U.S + postage. The buy it now price is still there for anyone who agrees with it.

Cheers,

- Justin.

justinvm

Post by justinvm »

justinvm

Post by justinvm »

Oh by the way Phono.. I do not appreciate being misquoted. I never stated that i "need the cash".

Cheers,

- Justin

phono

Post by phono »

justinvm wrote:Oh by the way Phono.. I do not appreciate being misquoted. I never stated that i "need the cash".

Cheers,

- Justin
what part of " Unfortunately I need to divert funds elsewhere" did i misunderstand then?

eil

Post by eil »

reptar wrote:The problem is that somebody might buy it not realising they could get a self-sourced kit for much less than that.

A fair price would be to start the auction at what it cost and if people want to pay more, so be it.
Caveat emptor. It's the buyer's responsibility to research and carefully consider what they choose to spend their money on, whether they're buying a x0xb0x, a TV, a car, or a roll of toilet paper. I have zero sympathy for someone who sees this kit on eBay and buys it on impulse when a quick trip to google would have shown them that they could have gotten it elsewhere for far less. For unregulated goods sold by individual sellers, the seller's job is only to advertise the item accurately and follow through with tender (delivery) after the sale.

And anyway, haven't you noticed yet that pretty much everything on eBay is overpriced to begin with? :P

hamburgers

Post by hamburgers »

eil wrote:
And anyway, haven't you noticed yet that pretty much everything on eBay is overpriced to begin with? :P

which is why we don't need a $600+ precedent set for the price of a x0xb0x kit when people refer to past eBay auctions :o

Sokkan

Post by Sokkan »

reptar wrote:The problem is that somebody might buy it not realising they could get a self-sourced kit for much less than that.
This is only true in the US. Anyone else who wants so self-source will have to pay more than that. I would even say that the starting bid of $500 US is cheap! The trouble getting all of the parts for the enclosure and the steep international shipping costs makes it rather expensive to self-source.

My guess is that since it is an official kit, it will probably sell for the buy it now price.

hamburgers

Post by hamburgers »

Sokkan wrote:
This is only true in the US. Anyone else who wants so self-source will have to pay more than that. I would even say that the starting bid of $500 US is cheap! The trouble getting all of the parts for the enclosure and the steep international shipping costs makes it rather expensive to self-source.

My guess is that since it is an official kit, it will probably sell for the buy it now price.
the starting bid was 970 AU, i edited my original post after the seller changed his listing

Sokkan

Post by Sokkan »

mome rath wrote: the starting bid was 970 AU, i edited my original post after the seller changed his listing
Yes, I know, it is the "buy it now" price now I guess. This is approximately the cost to self-source outside of the US when you are hit with the shipping costs, VAT and customs. I would prefer to get an official kit for the same price, hence my comment. :)

GoldDope

Re: x0xb0x KIT on eBay... 499.62US

Post by GoldDope »

$500 is kinda more realistic,.
im in the Uk and to self source mine it cost me around £250 with import costs etc
the original price was imo quite a sad affair - If the chap who is selling it on ebay
was in need of the funds for other purposes he shouldnt of purchased the kit in the first place
that way somene who realy wanted it would of got it.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0x shop”