Widget issues..

Talk about YBoxen, widgets, Propeller hacking, etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
abysmal

Widget issues..

Post by abysmal »

I started trying to play with some spin code and tried to run some compiled binaries on my YBOX2 as a widget..

I made sure the pin outs for video were correct.. I compiled some simple code from the obex files from parallax and did the standard upload using curl and it all went good until i hit the button to run the second stage boot with the new code.. and the the unit just locks up.. the led goes off and the button doesn't do anything and well to get it to do anything I have to pull the power..

What am I doing wrong?

abysmal

Re: Widget issues..

Post by abysmal »

Well after wiring up a tv out port on my parallax protoboard and getting the same failure.. I changed my setup.. apparently the video in on my pvr hooked up to my TV doesn't like this video signal at this frequency/resolution .. but my TV does.. all fixed..

darco

Post by darco »

Wait... this sounds kinda fishy. Is your program doing something weird? You can see the bootloader just fine, but the program you wrote doesn't display properly?

abysmal

Post by abysmal »

I thought weird too, but after years of IT i changed the config.. when i abandoned testing on the YBOX2, i move to the protoboard, but before I did that I wrote the old tell tale LED flasher and uploaed it to the ybox and it worked perfect.. so it had to be the video.. and when it failed on the protoboard, i figured it was time to change the monitor, so I went directly to the tv instead of through my pvr, which was working for the 20x13 text mode.. and once i switched to direct it worked.. and then I tried it on the protoboard with the TV and the 3 inch display.. all working fantastic..

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “YBox2 (discontinued)”