spontaneous reboots, power issue?

Talk about YBoxen, widgets, Propeller hacking, etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ex-h0trod

spontaneous reboots, power issue?

Post by ex-h0trod »

Built the ybox2 today; everything seemed in order for a little while.

Then I noticed the ybox would start rebooting itself, taking less and time between reboots as time went on. Eventually it would be rebooting just as the LED began to light up and the TV signal was just flickering on.

If I unplug and wait a while; I can get it to come back up. If it's been off a while, I can get it into a state where it will stay powered up waiting for DHCP; but then plugging in a network cable will put it back in the reboot cycle -- it gets an IP address, immediately reboots, repeat.

I'm getting 3.28V at the checkpoint in the build instructions before the prop seems to kick in, once things start running (or trying to run) it dips to the 3.1x range.

I know it's not a lot of information to go on, but if anyone could give me any pointers where to look they'd be appreciated. I've resoldered iffy joints (there are probably more) and don't see any shorts.

predatorcoder

Post by predatorcoder »

What is the measured input voltage to the regulator?

Are you using AC/DC adapter or AC/AC? AC/DC is the only one possible with ybox2.

ex-h0trod

Post by ex-h0trod »

PredatorCoder wrote:What is the measured input voltage to the regulator?

Are you using AC/DC adapter or AC/AC? AC/DC is the only one possible with ybox2.
Thanks for the help, for the moment at least, I seem to have solved this issue by suring up some solder joints around the LED and its associated resistors. Will post again if the issue creeps back up.

darco

Post by darco »

Make sure that your power supply is between 6-9VDC, and that it is rated for at least 300ma, center positive.

Spontaneous reboots are indicative of power problems.

Unless you replace the diode with a wire, the minimum voltage required for the ybox2 is 6 volts.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “YBox2 (discontinued)”