Some Newb Questions

Talk about YBoxen, widgets, Propeller hacking, etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tvdbon

Some Newb Questions

Post by tvdbon »

I just got my ybox2 today so I'm planning on building it this weekend. I do have some questions though:

(1) I've been reading about the prop plug and it seems like I should be able to build my own using a max232 ? Has anybody tried this? Any reason why it shouldn't work.

(2) I see the eeprom is mandatory on a basic propeller setup, does this mean that the program is only loaded on the eeprom and not on the propeller ? The reason I'm asking is that this is the perfect way to start learning about the propeller chip and I want to know if I can make another "learning" board with another eeprom and then I can just swap the chip between the two ?

(3) If the program is only loaded onto the eeprom, would it be possible to switch it out with a bigger eeprom for more program space ?

Thanks for a great project and I can't wait to start putting it together.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

In reference to the propeller, the program is loaded into the chip but it is not saved there and if power is removed it will die. you save it to the rom after you are sure it works then it will be there every time you power up until you overwrite it with a new program.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “YBox2 (discontinued)”