Kit not working

Talk about YBoxen, widgets, Propeller hacking, etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rosco_pc

Kit not working

Post by rosco_pc »

Hi,

Started putting together a ybox2 yesterday. Voltage part works although it is a bit low (3.28V).
When I try the second test (see if I get something on the screen) it fails to work, just getting a blue screen of death :).
I do have a PAL TV so I tried pressing the button, but still nothing is happening.

I checked all connections and have everything soldered correctly. Only strange thing is the eeprom, it has model number ATMLU716 2FB2

Cann't find this anywhere on the web so I'm not sure if that is the correct chip?

Regards
/Rob

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

does the LED blink/pulse?

rosco_pc

Post by rosco_pc »

Don't know as I did not build it completely yet. Following the build instruction I stopped at step 'Now is a good time for another test', after inserting the chips. I'll finish the build and check (this might take some time as I will be traveling today and need to pack and so on).

rosco_pc

Kit not working [SOLVED]

Post by rosco_pc »

Build the complete kit now and it is working. Not sure I understand this, but I'm happy.

Thanks for the help
/Rob

qbanguy

Re: Kit not working

Post by qbanguy »

I'm having a slightly different issue. I completed the kit and downloaded the firmware. Once I uploaded the firmware to the propeller, everything seems to work fine. However, when the ybox starts I just see "First boot!" . The LED's has a pulse. It doesn't give a IP address. I noticed that when I connect the ethernet cable to the port, no lights are blinking. Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance!

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

hey at least its working. if you managed to upload firmware via the bootloader (or did you use a propplug???), its pretty much working. could be that the firmwrae you uploaded is borked tho :) did it run the 'default firmware' when you first started it?
also...you ought to have a link light!

qbanguy

Post by qbanguy »

Actually I uploaded the firmware using the Arduino diecimila board :P. I downloaded all the files in here (http://svn.deepdarc.com/code/ybox2/trunk/firmware/) Once I compile bootloader.spin (which it needs a bunch of other files) using the propeller software. Everything seems to work fine, it restart and then the LED start blinking slowly. I connect the RCA to my TV and I see two links and "First boot!". Now I dont know exactly what it is doing or did. I noticed that on the bootloader.spin code it should create a UUID and then it stops. I think the ENC28 is burned, it a hot. :( its that normal?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

im a little confused as to why you re-burned the chip with the bootloader when it already has a bootloader. ?? regardless, are you getting a link light, activity lite on the magjack?

qbanguy

Post by qbanguy »

Sorry to confuse you. I don't think the ENC28 chip is burned, disregard that. I'm not getting any link on the magjack. I tested my friends(we built it together) and he is getting the same thing. No link. I tested the board without the ENC28 chip and is acting the same as with the chip.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

hmm, and you get a link light when the cable is plugged into a computer? Note that if its a crossover it wont work - although some modern computers (like macs) auto-correct crossover cables.

qbanguy

Post by qbanguy »

No link on port and on the router. And No, I'm not using a crossover cable.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

and you get a link light when the cable is plugged into a computer?

qbanguy

Post by qbanguy »

:( no link light connected with the computer(mac). very strange. The same behavior happens with my friend's board.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

connect the cable
from the router
to a computer
do you get a link light

qbanguy

Post by qbanguy »

yeah I get a link light on the router when connected with the computer. sorry for being a pest.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “YBox2 (discontinued)”