New problem. Unable to ping YBox2

Talk about YBoxen, widgets, Propeller hacking, etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
alaskaray

New problem. Unable to ping YBox2

Post by alaskaray »

I got the new ethernet chips (I bought 3 because postage was the greatest cost) and it works fine now. I get the expected screen image and an IP address. The problem I'm having now is that I'm unable to ping it. I've followed the instruction and tried many times. I'm using my desktop computer (Dell running XP) and both are plugged into my router. What do I do now?

Thanks Ray

alaskaray

Re: New problem. Unable to ping YBox2

Post by alaskaray »

Never mind. It occured to me that the problem might be my firewall, so I checked the log, and sure enough it was. As soon as I added the IP address of the YBOX2 to my trusted addresses, it responed to all 4 pings.

Thanks, Ray

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

congrats on getting it working!

alaskaray

Post by alaskaray »

Thanks. It works very well. I've already tried a couple of the widgets. The only problem I have now is that the IP addresses to configure the widgets goes by so fast (when I restart them), that I can't see them. I'll have to make a video of the screen so I can capture the IP address.

Ray

darco

Post by darco »

I would recommend adding a static entry to your router so that your ybox2 will always have the same IP address... Although it should remain pretty stable anyway.

If you have auto-boot turned on, you can disable it by holding down the button while the ybox2 boots. You should then be able to read off the IP address easily. Then simply press the button once and it should boot into the uploaded program.

The latest beta ybox2 bootloader has support for static IPs, but I don't recommend using it unless you have a prop-plug (or equivalent), just in case the upgrade doesn't work for some reason. (I haven't had a lot of time to test it)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “YBox2 (discontinued)”