infowidget timezone

Talk about YBoxen, widgets, Propeller hacking, etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
irritantno9

infowidget timezone

Post by irritantno9 »

I'm not a programmer. I was wondering if there is a command for correcting time in the infowidget. Currently the time is one hour behind.

I might add that I built the Ybox2 a few months ago and it sat for a while. Upon power-up, the Ybox2 displayed an error.

I ended up bootloading the infowidget again and I was able to enter in the correct IP address for the infowidget server.

I'm just at a loss as to how to correct the time for EST instead of CST.

Any help. I'm using it as-is for a weather monitor.

irritantno9

Re: infowidget timezone

Post by irritantno9 »

I'm guessing that the solution is obvious, but I'm missing it. I think something happened to my ybox2 while it sat. I had been running it off batteries and put it away while I scrounged for a suitable power supply.

When I finally had some time to hook it back up the other day, it didn't work. Reading the forum lead me to believe that the ip address for the weather widget was wrong.
On that initial powerup, I did see a fields for entering a password, and links for the various internal files.
No field for adjusting time offset.

Can anyone please point me in the direction of how to locate the time zone setting. Is it a command line comment that needs to be added to the zip code or something?

I don't recall having this problem before, but it's been long enough ago that I don't remember. Is there a config page?
Help!

darco

Post by darco »

You need to boot into the alarm widget before you can change settings like the time zone.

irritantno9

Post by irritantno9 »

Is it just my imagination or is there a lack of documentation on the Ybox2?

Really I have no idea what it means to boot the alarm widget.

I could swear that I once was able to do this, but now I have no idea.

I even saw a place to set a password, but now I don't even see that.

The weather widget is working fine, but I don't have any clue how to get another widget to work without bootloading it in.

what is the step for getting another widget to run? I know I've never used cURL until the other day, but that was because I couldn't get the thing to stop booting with a bad IP address for the weather widget.

Any help would be appreciated.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

the alarm widget has a time-zone setting
but the weather widget uses the local time, i am pretty sure, and its set by the php script it connects to
that is, its not changable

reubanks

Post by reubanks »

What's odd about the info/weather widget is that you can set the ZIP code, but the time zone stays at CDT. (The default is Campbell, California which is Pacific time, not Central...)

Oh well, time to learn to code for the thing.

Randy

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

oh! yes... the real work is done in php, where it calls date("D M j Y G:i:s T") to get the time. there's nothing in the code to support querying the timezone :(

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “YBox2 (discontinued)”