new user - bootloader issues.

Talk about YBoxen, widgets, Propeller hacking, etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
carlos

new user - bootloader issues.

Post by carlos »

just assembled my kit from adafruit. Everything worked great at first, got the info widget running, tweaked the settings, no problems.

and then --

I uploaded the alarm clock binary from ladyada.net, it worked perfectly, and still does, however, the bootloader no longer successfully gets an address from DHCP.

just to clarify - the alarm clock widget runs perfect, dhcp works, I can access the control panel, connects to the time server and everything,but the boot loader fails to get an address and I can no longer upload widgets or access the admin.

help?

darco

Re: new user - bootloader issues.

Post by darco »

Now that is very strange. I'm not really sure what sort of bizarre state would cause this behavior.

Have you tried a reset? Here are the instructions:
Hold down the button while booting. Keep holding it down until the system reboots. You will hear a lot of warning chirps, but make sure you hold down the button until it reboots! After it reboots let go. Your ybox2 has been reset. This will erase every setting except for the MAC address, UUID, and LED configuration.

carlos

Post by carlos »

just got back to this. it was a one time glitch, reprogrammed with a cable and it's running fine now.

thanks a bunch.

gunterhausfrau

Post by gunterhausfrau »

I just finished my ybox2 and had the exact same behavior. Other widgets worked fine. When I loaded the alarmclock (and set the time) I could no longer get the bootloader. I'll try the reset and see if that helps.

gunterhausfrau

Post by gunterhausfrau »

reset seems to work. seems curious same issue same widget...

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “YBox2 (discontinued)”