Remap pins on Adafruit motor shield for Arduino Mega

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
parker92

Remap pins on Adafruit motor shield for Arduino Mega

Post by parker92 »

Hi I am trying to remap the pins on the adafruit motor shield to work with the arduino mega. Right now the pins line up with the PWM pins on the mega board and works, however that uses up 4 PWM pins that only require digital pins and I need those for an LCD and keypad shield and a second motor controller shield. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

Ferguson

Re: Remap pins on Adafruit motor shield for Arduino Mega

Post by Ferguson »

I am also trying to use the LCD keypad with Adafruit motor shield. I have tested the assembled and my stepper works correctly with the stacked board. I want to implement the miniE system but use the Adafruit motor shield instead of an easydriver. The problem is that the LCD shield uses some of the same pins as the motor shield. Does anyone know how to connect these two shields together?

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

trying to use the LCD keypad
Are you referring to the Adafruit RGB LCD Shield? http://www.adafruit.com/products/716

Also, what motors do you plan to run with the motor shield. Depending on what you are running, there may be some unused pins. See this thread for details: http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=13173

Ferguson

Post by Ferguson »

No. This is the DFRobot LCD keypad shield.

Ferguson

Post by Ferguson »

I am running a 6 wire stepper motor on 4 wires and common 2. I have tested the motor and motor shield and they work.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Looks like a lot of pin conflicts there. You would need to do a bit of cut & jumper work, and some library hacking as well to get them to coexist.

You might want to take a look at the Adafruit RGB LCD shield. It has very similar functionality to the DF Robot shield, but runs over I2C so there is no pin conflict.

mateuspj

Post by mateuspj »

Hello ferguson, could you manage to use the Adafruit lcd instead of DFRobot Lcd?
Thanks

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”