Motor Shield problem.. help

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
derius

Motor Shield problem.. help

Post by derius »

Hi,

I'm pretty new in arduino and electronic, yesterday I assembled the motor shield following all the instruction written on the "make it" ladyada site and I'm quite sure everything is fine for the hardware side.
The problem is, when I plug the arduino with the shield mounded, the pc doesn't recognize it. All the led are off, and I can't even see the com port on the windows device manager. The arduino works perfectly without the shield.
I tought the problem could be the pwr jumper on the shield, I don't understand if it would be on or off.
I'm using an aduino duemilanove atmega 168, os windows vista.

thanks in advance

D.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Motor Shield problem.. help

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Are you using an external power supply? If you are, the jumper should be removed.

It sounds like you probably have a short somewhere. Post some clear photos of the front & back of the board.

Murray

Post by Murray »

My project uses 3 servos and 2 dc motors. I am using the arduino uno and arduino motor shield. I have 2 servos working off pins 9 and 10 and motors wprking off motor 1 and 3. My problem is that I don't know where to attach servo 3. I have tried both analog and digital pins using 6v motor shield power but can't get servo 3 to work.

Need help.

Murray.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Murray, stop posting in other people's threads. If you need help, make a new topic.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”