adafruit wave Shield

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tateman

Re: adafruit wave Shield

Post by tateman »

Ive spotted something:
In the libraries folder i have a file called daphc.pde (processing source code)
When i opened a sketch from the various ways or using the shield, it had this exact same file name?

This is the sketch:
http://www.ladyada.net/make/waveshield/examples.html - in the Digital audio player- sketch for the newer wave HC library.

So maybe thats not the HClibrary i have in the libraries folder ????

tateman

Post by tateman »

ive put the hc lib in the libraries folder now

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Good! That is progress. The sketch compiled OK, so you must have your libraries straightened out now. :)

The error you are seeing now is a communication problem. It could be a number of things. First check to make sure that you have the right Board type selected in the Tools menu. (Uno, Duemilanove, etc).

tateman

Post by tateman »

wow switched it on and its playing, but very slowly?

tateman

Post by tateman »

Thank you so much for your patience!!!!
Im trying to make this for an art student where I work. They want to be able to switch the track on by walking past a sensor going into a room. There are 2 ajoining rooms and going through the doorway to both rooms is where the sensor wants to be.
The track is always playing in the room your not in though. So when u walk into the room where your hearing the music it goes off and sets off the room you just came from. So basically your never in the room where the track plays.

To add to the problem, he wondered if an led light could be on at the same time as the track plays or off depending which room is playing? Eeekk lol

Im thinking two arduino set ups both like I have but operating in the opposite way. One on , one off etc.

How would I put in a sensor to make it switch on for example? Not sure what sensor would be suitable for this operation.

I realise im asking a lot here!!!!
So thank you for getting me to where I am now, its very much appreciated!!!
Andy

adafruit_support_bill

Im thinking two arduino set ups both like I have but operating in the opposite way. One on , one off etc.
That sounds like the best approach.
How would I put in a sensor to make it switch on for example? Not sure what sensor would be suitable for this operation.
The PIR sensor is probably the best one for this application. It is sensitive to body heat and has a wide angle of coverage. If you put it in a corner it would probably cover the whole room.
http://www.adafruit.com/index.php?main_ ... cts_id=189

tateman

Post by tateman »

Ok thank you.
Is that a case of just putting a link between a digital pin and the ground to set it off?

The track is still playing slow, about third of the normal speed.
Will check the adafruit forum or something.

Cant thank you enough!!!!! Ive certainly learnt from this!!
Andy

adafruit_support_bill

There is a tutorial on how to use them here:http://www.ladyada.net/learn/sensors/pir.html

tateman

Post by tateman »

Yer sorry I saw that after id replied, sorry!!
I dont think they will work though as they wont turn the track off when someone leaves room as they are on a timer not specifically to turn it off.

Anyway I sussed my audio speed problem!!! In Audacity I changed the 44KHz to 22 twice, once in the track window and at Project Rate right at the bottom of the window.

This time I just changed the bottom window where it says Project Rate to 22KHz and guess that was the reason!!
Thank you once again for the great help!!!!
Andy

adafruit_support_bill

The re-triggering timer on the PIR sensor is adjustable down to nearly zero.
You could also wire it so that the sensors are in the opposite rooms. When the sensor in room A detects a person, it would signal the Ardiuno in room B to start playing.

tateman

Post by tateman »

Oh wow I see, I didnt know that!! Yes I get you.
Ill look at the diagrams in the support page you sent for the PIR s for advice to write the sketch.
Thank you!!
If we dont speak I hope you have a Happy New Year!!!

bost

Post by bost »

I don't see it! I 'm having having problems with my wave shield! I have built the kit,checked all my connections and solder points and I wanted to test it out! After hooking it to the Arduino 2009, i'm able to run the simple sketches but when it came to the wavwshield all i get is waveHC.h:211:2:error #endif without #if and other various error statements. Itried saving All the Wavefiles, libraries and programs and it still won't function as demonstrated! What version libraries do you download? How many files do you need to download and debug? I know it is something very simple to fix but I don't know how!

adafruit_support_bill

You will need to give us a little more detail here. There are many WaveShield example sketches. Which one are you trying to run?
It would be best to continue this in a new thread since it does not really realate to the problems discussed in this one. :)

FloBer

Post by FloBer »

Help me - i am a beginner and i always get the same failure:

SdReader card; // This object holds the information for the card

i am from germany and i understand most of your guide - but i also checked the library

how about a step by step installation video of installing the wave shield on a windows computer - that would be so much easier for beginners...

thanks
Attachments
sd_card.jpg
sd_card.jpg (196.98 KiB) Viewed 267 times

adafruit_support_bill

Your screen shot is not readable. Please copy the actual error text from the IDE window and paste it into your forum post here.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”