Blinking pin 13 LED and no data with Datalogger shield

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
andywatson

Blinking pin 13 LED and no data with Datalogger shield

Post by andywatson »

I've been running 8 different datalogger shields with Arduino Pro boards for the past few months. They are running a modified version of the sleeping fridge logger that someone posted in the forum awhile back. I haven't had any issues until a few weeks ago, and now half of my logger shields won't write any data to the SD card. They successfully write the header but no data gets written. At first I thought it was a battery problem, like low voltage was causing the error, but new batteries didn't help. Today it was dark enough that I noticed the pin 13 LED that's on the Pro boards was blinking rapidly on the boards that have been problematic lately. Pressing the reset button on the datalogger shield did not stop the LED from blinking. Cycling the battery power off and then back on seemed to fix the problem temporarily, but I'm wondering if that's an indication of what my recurring problem might be. Pin 13 of the datalogger is the SCK line going to the SD card slot. Is there a problem with the onboard pin13 LED being on the Pro board that's interfering with the writing of the data? I have more than 20 SD cards (all 2-GB) made by 4 different manufacturers and there doesn't seem to be a pattern of certain brands working better than others, and all of them are formatted properly with FAT.

Has anyone else experienced flaky data writing issues or seen their Pin13 LED blinking rapidly?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”