Halloween pumpkin with WaveHC library

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ckmcwill

Halloween pumpkin with WaveHC library

Post by ckmcwill »

Hi,

I'm wondering if you can make a suggestion on how to modify the sketch for the Halloween pumpkin project with the WaveHC library. I was guessing I would just switch out the old files with the new files, but I don't know I'm not sure which files from the previous wave library are equal to the new ones in the WaveHC library. My apologies, I'm new to the programing thing and a little slow at getting up to speed. Is there a resourse out there that would help me make this work?

Thanks.

fastereddy

Re: Halloween pumpkin with WaveHC library

Post by fastereddy »

same problem here . Hopeless can't figure it out . Could we please ,PRETTY PLEASE have the old AFwave library back. Worked great for me last year. Don't have time or care to learn the stupid WAVEHC .Really couldn't care less.Really would like the old AFwave .
Please don't sell the waveshield to anyone who would like to do the pumpkin project. Just spent 2 hours gonna throw the whole thing out - can't make it work. not as simple as swapping libraries. Don't have time to enroll in full time software studies at university

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Fastereddy wrote:Could we please ,PRETTY PLEASE have the old AFwave library back.
It never went away. It's still linked on the tutorial downloads page.

@ckmcwill:
Porting the code to the WaveHC library shouldn't be difficult, but it isn't something I can tell you how to do off the top of my head, either. If you want to give it a go, I'd suggest you start with one of the WaveHC example programs, and modify that to include the LEDs and range sensor code.

SpaceZ

Post by SpaceZ »

I don't believe this ...

xl97

Post by xl97 »

dont believe what?

I have never used the AFwave lib,.. but have found the WaveHC lib & examples are a pretty decent base to work from

here are TONS of examples that show different button/switch behavior(s)..

you can probably mix-n-match these behaviors for your own needs..

http://www.ladyada.net/make/waveshield/examples.html

OR.... maybe you could post some more info like:

1.) what is it you are trying to do with your project?
2.) post the code you 'are' using/trying.. and let us know what part(s) are not working correctly? (or as you want)

SpaceZ

Post by SpaceZ »

It was estonishment because I have worked a lot on my project before discovering this post and in fact I have to modify a lot of things now! :D
You know it's like to be at the end of the game and you just have to play again.

mikethechap

Post by mikethechap »

adafruit_support_rick wrote:
Fastereddy wrote:Could we please ,PRETTY PLEASE have the old AFwave library back.
It never went away. It's still linked on the tutorial downloads page.

@ckmcwill:
Porting the code to the WaveHC library shouldn't be difficult, but it isn't something I can tell you how to do off the top of my head, either. If you want to give it a go, I'd suggest you start with one of the WaveHC example programs, and modify that to include the LEDs and range sensor code.
Actually, it is gone, at least from the link that was cited. It would be great to clean some of the links up...

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Actually, it is gone, at least from the link that was cited.
No. It is not gone. The old link directs you to the new location.
It would be great to clean some of the links up...
It is not possible to update every single link that has ever appeared in this forum. That is why we keep the old pages around with links to their replacements.

adafruit_support_rick

Okay, I just rewrote the pumpkin sketch for the WaveHC library:
pumpkin_waveHC.zip
(2.23 KiB) Downloaded 27 times

mikethechap

Post by mikethechap »

Thanks adafruit_support_rick!

I appreciate your helpfulness. The other reply from support wasn't helpful or charitable (considering I bought the products necessary to make this from adafruit, paid some part of someone's salary there, and am trying to follow the directions). Moreover, in point of fact, I rechecked what I wrote and - exactly as I wrote it - is correct. The redirect link does not show the current AFwav library anywhere on it. You have to click through the left menu to the downloads page.

A lot of us are trying to learn and we figure that Adafruit is going to help us get where we want to go. We're willing to pay for that. Many of us are noobs. We'll never be anything else, though, without help. It makes perfect sense that it's hard to update every link. But, considering I'm at least the second person on this thread alone to ask about this, apparently others are concerned about these instructions as well.

You, on the other hand, helped me and if the tutorial can be updated, you will have helped others who are looking to make their kids happy this Halloween and continue to buy from Adafruit. You helped me and I feel better about that.

adafruit_support_rick

NOTE: the tutorial has been updated and is now live at
http://learn.adafruit.com/halloween-pumpkin

mikethechap

Post by mikethechap »

Thanks so very much for updating this!

I'm working on it right now.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”