Arduino Uno + Audio Shield + xbee???

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Bea

Arduino Uno + Audio Shield + xbee???

Post by Bea »

How can I connect the arduino uno with lady ada's audio shield and a xbee? Can I use a breakout board? or a lilypad xbee to connect to the arduino uno?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Arduino Uno + Audio Shield + xbee???

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

You can use the XBee adapter board to connect to the UNO.

Bea

Post by Bea »

Thanks, how does this get wired, does it get connected to a breadboard then wired to the arduino? I saw the example page and it looks like a lot of wiring is needed...

How can I power the xbee and arduino uno? I do not want to be tethered to a computer or outlet...

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

I saw the example page and it looks like a lot of wiring is needed...
You will need a total of 4 wires. Tx, Rx, +5 and Ground. You can use the NewSoftSerial library to communicate using any two otherwise unused pins.
How can I power the xbee and arduino uno? I do not want to be tethered to a computer or outlet...
A 9v battery will power it for a while. If you need a longer run time, the 6xAA battery pack will do nicely.http://www.adafruit.com/products/248

bmco2n

Post by bmco2n »

Dear Forum,

Maybe this is the wrong place to ask. :) I had the Xbee-arduino communicating distance data (Ping ultrasound) to the computer just fine. Then, I was adding the audio to voice the data. I forget what happened next and went to square 1 to just get data from the Xbee-Arduino to the computer (XCT U). Regressing further to just do point to point communication re the tutorial and I'm stuck. The sketch won't compile and I get this error message:
======================================================================
In file included from Pt_Pt.cpp:1:
C:\Documents and Settings\Elizabeth\Desktop\arduino-1.0\libraries\oldNSS/NewSoftSerial.h:71: error: conflicting return type specified for 'virtual void NewSoftSerial::write(uint8_t)'
C:\Documents and Settings\Elizabeth\Desktop\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Print.h:48: error: overriding 'virtual size_t Print::write(uint8_t)'
==================================================================
I downloaded the latest NewSoftSerial, which came in a folder, "NewSoftSerial12" This was extracted into Arduino 1 libraries after deleting the old NewSoftSerial folders. I looked at the NewSoftSerial.h program and it looked OK re the uint8_t lines. Don't understand the error msg.

Any suggestions?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”