LOL Shield and Arduino 1.0

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
sydkahn

LOL Shield and Arduino 1.0

Post by sydkahn »

I installed Arduino 1.0 - unzipped the lol shield libraries into the library folder - tried to upload any of the examples and am getting compile errors. e.g. WProgram.h: No such file or directory.

Just as a sanity check I re-installed Arduino 23 and copied the same library into it, and things compiled like a champ.

I fear that my Arduino 1.0 isn't set up right - i am running it in the drop-box directory with the sketchbook folder pointed to another drop-box folder. Is this a no no in 1.0? worked in 23...

LesCarroll

Re: LOL Shield and Arduino 1.0

Post by LesCarroll »

I am a beginner and I had the same problem this morning. What you need to do is copy the entire WaveHC folder to your sketchbook (mine is located in My Documents/Arduino/). Then when you load the sketch, it will include all of the other tabs.

My problem now is that I had the wave shield working but now it doesn't. I beleived there was a loose connection for the potentiometer but when I resoldered it, the volume no longer works. The serial monitor says it is playing the file, but I don't hear it. Frustrating.

Good luck on your project.

adafruit

Re: LOL Shield and Arduino 1.0

Post by adafruit »

sydkahn wrote:I installed Arduino 1.0 - unzipped the lol shield libraries into the library folder - tried to upload any of the examples and am getting compile errors. e.g. WProgram.h: No such file or directory.

Just as a sanity check I re-installed Arduino 23 and copied the same library into it, and things compiled like a champ.

I fear that my Arduino 1.0 isn't set up right - i am running it in the drop-box directory with the sketchbook folder pointed to another drop-box folder. Is this a no no in 1.0? worked in 23...
LoL shield code isnt 1.0 compatible yet - hopefully they will do it soon!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”