Mega 2560 + data logger shield problem

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
geoana

Re: Mega 2560 + data logger shield problem

Post by geoana »

I tried most, if not all of those pins. NO-GO As I recall, someone (Arduino forum, I think) specifically said that (I think) 52 was a big no-no. They are the ones that suggested that SOFTWARESERIAL was problematic (on the Mega) and to use AltSoft.....that it worked and was 'better' (in his opinion) so that's what I went with for final success! BTW - this is a sketch using the AdaFruit 'data logging shield' - SD card and RTC utilization . . .
Thanks for the quick replies and on-going support. Gotta find a new Arduino project - ;-)
(Actually, I think I have one - I'm building an 'organ relay'! Input and output boards (connecting the switches (keys and stops and pistons) and connecting the solenoids (controlling the wind to the pipes, etc) needs an ethernet (RJ-45) interface. Seems like the Mega and the ethernet shield might do the trick - dozens of those boards (0ver 800 inputs and over 1000 outputs - a large organ, duh. Probably 20 or more i/f boards will be needed. And maybe I can also retro-fit some of my friend's friends organs. Whee! Retired aerospace engineer and love to design and build fun (non-DOD) projects.) Geo

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”