rgblcdshield v2

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mtbf0

rgblcdshield v2

Post by mtbf0 »

i know that there's precious little real estate available on the shield except for what's behind the display, but here's my wish list anyway...

jumper to route the mcp23017 interrupt to d2 or d3. headers or just pads to bring out vcc, ground and the two remaining i/o pins. jumpers to route the leds to three of the hardware pwm pins on the arduino.

in the meantime i think i'll airwire a tiny85 to this guy and a ds1307 breakout and make me a clock.

that's all.

back to my burrow.

adafruit

Re: rgblcdshield v2

Post by adafruit »

thanks for the suggestions. we do have ideas for the next version, but first we'd like to see how this version fares :)

mtbf0

Post by mtbf0 »

what am i smoking?

how should i know. but here's the vision i had.

instead of the mcp23017, maybe another popular 28 pin ic. hmmm. an atmega48, maybe. or, who knows, a mega88. lcd. 5 buttons. pwm or bpm for leds. 2 extra configurable digital pins. 4 pins configurable as digital or a/d. menu system built in. button debouncing. configurable iic address stored in eeprom. offloads not just the physical i/o burden but a ton of processor cycles from the host. costs maybe a buck and a half more.

mtbf0

Post by mtbf0 »

damn. forgot the cap across the power pins on the mega. penny over budget. can't be done.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

we try to keep away from having micro-to-micro communications, we prefer to use specially designated chips like the MCP whenever possible!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”