2.8" TFT Touch Shield + arduino 1.0 + adafruit library what's wrong?

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
zongonet

2.8" TFT Touch Shield + arduino 1.0 + adafruit library what's wrong?

Post by zongonet »

Good evening everybody,
I'm new here and I tried to check the solution to my issue all over the forum but without success.
So, my problem is that my 2.8" TFT Touch Shield doesn't work with Arduino and adafruit library.
I tried, first of all, to play with the "seeedstudio" library (I think this is the "official") and everything went well.
But this library is really poor and I tried out with the adafruit. But nothing happens.
Worst, I check for the code in Arduino IDE and everything is ok (no error, no problems) and I can even upload the code but my TFT is just turned on (lighted with a uniform "white" light), and nothing else.
I checked for the serial communication in serial monitor and I found that the "Z" pressure information is transmitting but there is nothing more. I would like to test the rotation Text feature and I cannot. All the examples are correct (no code problems) and I can upload to Arduino everything... but you know, nothing happens.
One important thing (I hope) is that I'm not using the SD card reader Shield and I attached the TFT monitor directly on the Arduino duemilanove card. Could be this a matter?

Please, if some of you solved the problem, could you tell me how?
Thanks a lot in advance

Zong

adafruit_support_bill

Re: 2.8" TFT Touch Shield + arduino 1.0 + adafruit library what's wrong?

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

I tried, first of all, to play with the "seeedstudio" library (I think this is the "official") and everything went well.
Did you purchase the Seed Studio Touch Shield? The Adafruit Libraries work with Adafruit's Touch Shield.

zongonet

Post by zongonet »

Thanks for your quick answer. The tft are very similar and I thought that adafruit made a library for the same item (the seeed studio tft device).
Do you know about any campatibility among these two products?
(Or It seems I should by one more tft!)

Thanks again.

Zong

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

From a quick look at the specifications, they appear to be using a completely different controller chip.

zparticle

Post by zparticle »

If you need a simple GUI library for the v1 SeeedStudio 2.8" TFT Touch Screen check out this lib I just put up:

http://code.google.com/p/touch-screen-menu-library/

also you can see a little video of it at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOUUsHCk ... e=youtu.be

p-brane

Post by p-brane »

zparticle, that zip file for the library seems to be corrupted. It does say the site was having issues. Have you uploaded it to another site where I can download and have a look at it?

p-brane

Post by p-brane »

Please disregard, I found the code.google.com link. The seeduino site must still be having problems. Thanks.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”