lol library not working

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
boomerbd

lol library not working

Post by boomerbd »

I purchased an red, blue, and green LOL shield and received Wed. The directions were unclear how to populate the board. I soldered all the leds with the positive lead to the right and all oriented in the same direction. The board seems to be working but i am unclear as to how to load the arduino examples or whether to load in processing. I am a novice. I can send code to the arduino and get it to light up certain combinations of leds. I copied the lol shield library to both arduino and processing. Neither program recognizes the library. When I open one of the examples in the library, in either program, I get error messages. For example, when i load "Life" into arduino, and run, i get an error, "LedSign has not been declared" and:
Life.cpp: In function 'void loop()':
Life.pde:-1: error: 'LedSign' has not been declared
Life.pde:-1: error: 'LedSign' has not been declared
"
So i figured maybe i was supposed to load standard firmata into arduino and load "life" example into processing. I get the following message: "unexpected char: "i".
#include <Charliplexing.h> //Imports the library, which needs to be
//Initialized in setup.

at processing.mode.java.JavaMode.handleRun(JavaMode.java:176)
at processing.mode.java.JavaEditor$20.run(JavaEditor.java:481)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

pburgess

Re: lol library not working

Post by pburgess »

Sounds like the library might not be named or installed properly. After downloading the 'LoLShield v23.zip' file, uncompress it, rename the folder to 'Charliplexing' and place it inside your Documents/Arduino/Libraries folder, then restart the IDE. If that's not working, a screen shot of your Arduino libraries folder (including the address bar at the top) might assist in the diagnosis.
Last edited by pburgess on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boomerbd

Post by boomerbd »

Thank you, That worked

defalkner

Post by defalkner »

I have been struggling with this for a couple days now and this saved my rear. THANKS!!!
I tried putting the library under the library's folder in the my documents which Arduino 1.0 saw and acknowledged but on the Google Code repository there was 2 versions. I have the Arduino Uno r3 and Arduino IDE 1. this was SUCH a headache. It all boiled down to making sure the files were in the correct ORDER and not buried too deep in custom named folders. THANK YOU!!!

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The IDE is fairly picky about where libraries are installed. You want to make sure they are in the right place so that you don't have to install them all again when you update to the next version of the IDE. For mor information, see here: http://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-all- ... -a-library

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”