Data Logger with Arduino Ethernet Uno

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
controlnut

Data Logger with Arduino Ethernet Uno

Post by controlnut »

I have purchased a Data Logger shield to use with the Ethernet Uno I also purchased from Adafruit. I can not get the SD Cardinfo prgram to return the correct info on the SD card. I tested the shield today on a friend's regular Uno, R3, and it worked right off the bat with the correct chipset pin designated. Is there a different chipset pin for the Ethernet Uno?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Data Logger with Arduino Ethernet Uno

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

There is a pin conflict. Pins 11,12 & 13 are the hardware SPI pins. These are used by the logger to communicate with the SD card reader and by the Ethernet shield to communicate with the Ethernet module, as well as its own on-board SD card reader.

The logger uses pin 10 as the chip-select pin for the SD.
The UNO Ethernet uses pin 4 for the SD and pin 10 for the Ethernet.

The easiest thing would be to just use the SD card reader on the UNO Ethernet and change the CS pin in your sketches from 10 to 4.

hedon

Post by hedon »

¿This problem goes for the Ethernet shield as well? if so, ¿Can it be solved just with software modifications, either for the data logger or the Ethernet shield?

I'm using an Arduino UNO, and the Datalogger, and I want to use an Ethernet shield for access to SD from a browser.

adafruit_support_bill

The UNO Ethernet is like an UNO with an Ethernet shield, so the same solution would apply.

hedon

Post by hedon »

Ok, that's fine for me, I dont' care which SD is being used, as long as the log and time information goes right, then, using pin 4 as CS, I suppose the logger sketch provided by Adafruit still work, without major changes, writing on the SD of the Ethernet, ¿Am I right?, thanks for the support :D .

adafruit_support_bill

The examples should all work with just the pin change.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”