Due to server issues & outages with Endicia - There is no USPS / Postal service orders at this time - Read more.

RTClib for Datalogger Shield Problem Compiling
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

RTClib for Datalogger Shield Problem Compiling

by EZGEO on Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:50 pm

I am not able to compile the ds1307 example sketch (or any other example in the RTCLib).

I have deleted and reinstalled the latest RTCLib from adafruit's download link on the tutorial.

The RTClib should be in the right folder.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

I get the following error messages:

C:\Documents and Settings\Ez\My Documents\Arduino\libraries\RTClib\RTClib.cpp: In member function 'uint8_t RTC_DS1307::isrunning()':
C:\Documents and Settings\Ez\My Documents\Arduino\libraries\RTClib\RTClib.cpp:148: error: 'class TwoWire' has no member named 'write'
C:\Documents and Settings\Ez\My Documents\Arduino\libraries\RTClib\RTClib.cpp:152: error: 'class TwoWire' has no member named 'read'
C:\Documents and Settings\Ez\My Documents\Arduino\libraries\RTClib\RTClib.cpp: In static member function 'static void RTC_DS1307::adjust(const DateTime&)':
C:\Documents and Settings\Ez\My Documents\Arduino\libraries\RTClib\RTClib.cpp:158: error: 'class TwoWire' has no member named 'write'
C:\Documents and Settings\Ez\My Documents\Arduino\libraries\RTClib\RTClib.cpp:159: error: 'class TwoWire' has no member named 'write'
C:\Documents and Settings\Ez\My Documents\Arduino\libraries\RTClib\RTClib.cpp:160: error: 'class TwoWire' has no member named 'write'
C:\Documents and Settings\Ez\My Documents\Arduino\libraries\RTClib\RTClib.cpp:161: error: 'class TwoWire' has no member named 'write'
C:\Documents and Settings\Ez\My Documents\Arduino\libraries\RTClib\RTClib.cpp:162: error: 'class TwoWire' has no member named 'write'
C:\Documents and Settings\Ez\My Documents\Arduino\libraries\RTClib\RTClib.cpp:163: error: 'class TwoWire' has no member named 'write'
C:\Documents and Settings\Ez\My Documents\Arduino\libraries\RTClib\RTClib.cpp:164: error: 'class TwoWire' has no member named 'write'
C:\Documents and Settings\Ez\My Documents\Arduino\libraries\RTClib\RTClib.cpp:165: error: 'class TwoWire' has no member named 'write'
C:\Documents and Settings\Ez\My Documents\Arduino\libraries\RTClib\RTClib.cpp:166: error: 'class TwoWire' has no member named 'write'
C:\Documents and Settings\Ez\My Documents\Arduino\libraries\RTClib\RTClib.cpp: In static member function 'static DateTime RTC_DS1307::now()':
C:\Documents and Settings\Ez\My Documents\Arduino\libraries\RTClib\RTClib.cpp:172: error: 'class TwoWire' has no member named 'write'
C:\Documents and Settings\Ez\My Documents\Arduino\libraries\RTClib\RTClib.cpp:176: error: 'class TwoWire' has no member named 'read'
C:\Documents and Settings\Ez\My Documents\Arduino\libraries\RTClib\RTClib.cpp:177: error: 'class TwoWire' has no member named 'read'
C:\Documents and Settings\Ez\My Documents\Arduino\libraries\RTClib\RTClib.cpp:178: error: 'class TwoWire' has no member named 'read'
C:\Documents and Settings\Ez\My Documents\Arduino\libraries\RTClib\RTClib.cpp:179: error: 'class TwoWire' has no member named 'read'
C:\Documents and Settings\Ez\My Documents\Arduino\libraries\RTClib\RTClib.cpp:180: error: 'class TwoWire' has no member named 'read'
C:\Documents and Settings\Ez\My Documents\Arduino\libraries\RTClib\RTClib.cpp:181: error: 'class TwoWire' has no member named 'read'
C:\Documents and Settings\Ez\My Documents\Arduino\libraries\RTClib\RTClib.cpp:182: error: 'class TwoWire' has no member named 'read'
EZGEO

Re: RTClib for Datalogger Shield Problem Compiling

by franklin97355 on Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:15 pm

It looks like it is finding the library but it is either corrupt or the wrong version. Try getting the latest version and reinstalling it.
franklin97355

by EZGEO on Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:56 pm

Thanks for the help; no luck though.

I have tried a variety of RTCLib downloads and the problem continues to be the same.

Maybe it is some problem with TwoWire? How do I fix that?
EZGEO

by franklin97355 on Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:37 pm

Without your code it will be hard to tell.
franklin97355

by pburgess on Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:46 pm

What version of the Arduino IDE are you running?
pburgess

by EZGEO on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:29 am

IDE Arduino 1.0.5
EZGEO

by DanPolka on Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:34 am

I'm running Arduino IDE 1.0, Uno rev 3, and also cannot compile the example from the RTClib, with an error that begins similar to yours; I was hoping someone figured out what was making your problem so it might solve mine too.

My error:

C:\Users\Dan (Admin)\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RTClib\RTClib.cpp: In member function 'uint8_t RTC_DS1307::isrunning()':
C:\Users\Dan (Admin)\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RTClib\RTClib.cpp:148: error: call of overloaded 'write(int)' is ambiguous
C:\Program Files\Arduino\arduino-1.0\libraries\Wire/Wire.h:55: note: candidates are: virtual size_t TwoWire::write(uint8_t)
C:\Program Files\Arduino\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Print.h:49: note: size_t Print::write(const char*)
C:\Users\Dan (Admin)\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RTClib\RTClib.cpp: In static member function 'static void RTC_DS1307::adjust(const DateTime&)':
C:\Users\Dan (Admin)\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RTClib\RTClib.cpp:158: error: call of overloaded 'write(int)' is ambiguous
C:\Program Files\Arduino\arduino-1.0\libraries\Wire/Wire.h:55: note: candidates are: virtual size_t TwoWire::write(uint8_t)
C:\Program Files\Arduino\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Print.h:49: note: size_t Print::write(const char*)
C:\Users\Dan (Admin)\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RTClib\RTClib.cpp:166: error: call of overloaded 'write(int)' is ambiguous
C:\Users\Dan (Admin)\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RTClib\RTClib.cpp: In static member function 'static DateTime RTC_DS1307::now()':
C:\Users\Dan (Admin)\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RTClib\RTClib.cpp:172: error: call of overloaded 'write(int)' is ambiguous
DanPolka

by adafruit_support_bill on Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:39 am

Dan, your question is answered in your original thread. viewtopic.php?f=22&t=49979
Please do not double post.
adafruit_support_bill

by DanPolka on Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:43 am

I'm sorry, I was searching the board for any similar problems, and didn't notice that my own post had been answered in the meanwhile!! Thanks!!
DanPolka