2.8 TFT TouchScreen V1
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

2.8 TFT TouchScreen V1

by tstattel on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:53 am

I am trying to use a 2.8" TFT Touch screen and have been having fits. I am trying to interface the TFT with my Arduino UNO so I'm just pluging it directly into the Arduino with no other wiring. I have followed the tutorial for installing libraries inluding uncommenting the define statement in the TFT header file and all I get is a white screen. I tried older versions of the library as well as alternate libraries with no success. I also read through several forum discussions and have tried all of the recommended solutions but the screen still comes up white. Is there any real solution to this recurring issue? I'd hate to think I just wasted 50 bucks on this thing.

Here is the serial output when I run the GraphicsTest sketch. It looks similar to what many others are seeing.

TFT LCD test
Using Adafruit 2.8" TFT Arduino Shield Pinout
Unknown LCD driver chip: 0
If using the Adafruit 2.8" TFT Arduino shield, the line:
#define USE_ADAFRUIT_SHIELD_PINOUT
should appear in the library header (Adafruit_TFT.h).
If using the breakout board, it should NOT be #defined!
Also if using the breakout, double-check that all wiring
matches the tutorial.
tstattel

Re: 2.8 TFT TouchScreen V1

by adafruit_support_mike on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:55 pm

The whitescreen seems to involve a subtle timing issue that only occurs in a fractional percentage of screens. We haven't been able to isolate it because our blinky-stuff guru has never been able to get his hands on a unit that demonstrates the problem.

Since you have one, let's trade. Send a note to support@adafruit.com with a link to this thread. The folks there will get you a replacement and arrange return shipping for the one you have now.
When you void a product warranty, you give up your right to sue the manufacturer if something goes wrong and accept full responsibility for whatever happens next. And then you truly own the product.
adafruit_support_mike

by tstattel on Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:32 am

Thank you for the reply.

I just sent the note as you requested.
tstattel

by adafruit on Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:59 am

hi folks,

this is a follow up, we received this item, it was purchased at MAKE and it is made by seeed, it's not a product we sell or support. we are going to try to work something out / send it back to you, this is why we always try to make sure the item was purchased from adafruit.

seeed.jpg
seeed.jpg (34.15 KiB) Viewed 60 times
adafruit