Motor Shield V2

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kpurzycki

Motor Shield V2

Post by kpurzycki »

FAQ for the motor shield V2 states that the only Arduino UNO pins used by the shield are A4, A5, #9, #10 . Does this mean that Digital pins #0 thru #8 and #11 thru #13 and Analog pins A0 thru A5 are all available for use? Can female headers be inserted into these positions? Are any of the holes in the developer area assigned to +5v and GND? To get + and GND can 6 pin female headers be inserted and used as a means of getting more + and gnd pins. Can pins #0 and # 1 be used as digital or as PWN?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Motor Shield V2

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Does this mean that Digital pins #0 thru #8 and #11 thru #13 and Analog pins A0 thru A5 are all available for use? Can female headers be inserted into these positions?
Yes and yes.
Are any of the holes in the developer area assigned to +5v and GND?
No. Other than the 4 spare PWM breakouts, the holes in the grid are all uncommitted.
To get + and GND can 6 pin female headers be inserted and used as a means of getting more + and gnd pins.
Yes. You can solder the headers in the breakout area, then run a jumper wire from 5v and GND. Strip one end of the jumper to the length of the header and solder to each of the header pins along the bottom side of the shield.
Can pins #0 and # 1 be used as digital or as PWN?
Pins 0 and 1 are the serial Rx/Tx pins on the UNO. You can use them for regular digital I/O, but you will not be able to use the serial port and may need to disconnect any circuitry from them in order to upload sketches.

dczhang116

Post by dczhang116 »

Hi, In motion shield V2.3, other than the pins and holes around peripheral, there is an array of holes in the middle of the break board: 6x19 holes. I have not found any materials regarding what they are connected to, and how to use them. Can anyone tell me if there are any usage of these holes. If these are isolated holes, I want to use them to make connections to multiple I2C devices, and solder an IMU on that board. Please help me clarify. Thanks, David

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

there is an array of holes in the middle of the break board: 6x19 holes. I have not found any materials regarding what they are connected to
They are not connected to anything. That is a prototyping grid that you can use in any way you see fit.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”