CC3000 SmartConfig not working

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
TheRealByrnesie

CC3000 SmartConfig not working

Post by TheRealByrnesie »

Hi,

I'm a total newb when it comes to Arduino and the CC3000 breakout board. I've successfully run the buildtest sketch. I'm now running the SmartConfig sketch and getting the following error when attempting to add my network details via iOS (I've removed the Mac address). Not sure where to go from here. I've done a ton of searching through various Arduino / TI forums, but have been unable to find any further help.

Could this be an issue with the firmware? If so, how do I update the firmware?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

<¦Á¨Hello, CC3000!

RX Buffer : 131 bytes
TX Buffer : 131 bytes
Free RAM: 595

Initialising the CC3000 ...
Firmware V. : 1.24
MAC Address : (removed for security reasons)
Waiting for a SmartConfig connection (~60s) ...
Got smart config data
Timed out waiting to connect
SmartConfig failed

adafruit_support_rick

Re: CC3000 SmartConfig not working

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Looks like SmartConfig is connecting, but it's getting incorrect configuration information from the SmartConfig app. Double-check that you've got all the right info entered into the app.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

There's also a bug with smartconfig with some routers - TI is aware of the issue and has a new version of the firmware released like yesterday, we're working hard on making an updater but there's no ETA - we have to port the code to AVR! watch the adafruit blog for when we get this working, we'll post up code the moment we have it.

minwedar

Post by minwedar »

I've got firmware v1.24 too with my CC3000. All the other test code examples worked great until I got to the SmartConfigCreate and I'm seeing the same thing. I'm running an Asus RT-AC68U (3.0.0.4.374_583). I know this isn't the latest firmware for the router but the latest one kept rebooting the router allot.

I'm just learning about this, the smartConfig is just a way to configure how to connect the to your router if you don't wan't to put it into your code (like in these variables)? Maybe it's just better I don't know what I'm missing yet. :-P

#define WLAN_SSID "myNetwork" // cannot be longer than 32 characters!
#define WLAN_PASS "myPassword"

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

minwedar wrote:the smartConfig is just a way to configure how to connect the to your router if you don't wan't to put it into your code (like in these variables)?
That's pretty much it.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”